Join us and you’ll become part of a crew, or a team, that works together to provide the best customer experience. If you’ve visited one of our restaurants before, you’ve probably got some idea of what’s involved in working here. But you might not realise the variety and scope of the role. We want every McDonald’s customer to have a brilliant experience, every time they visit. That means hot food in a clean and friendly restaurant. As a Crew Member, you’ll make it happen, whether you’re preparing food, serving on the till or being out in the dining areas looking after our customers’ needs.
You will be eligible for the following company benefits:
- A Competitive Hourly Pay Rate
- Free Meal Whilst at Work
- Annual Pay-Related Performance Review
- Employee Discounts Card with Discounts or Cashback at Hundreds of Well-Known Retailers
- Private Health Care with AXA PPP after 3 Years of Service
- Flexible Scheduling
- Opportunities for Training, Development & Promotion
- 28 Days Holiday (Pro Rata for Part-Time employees)
- An opportunity to complete a Level 2 / Level 3 Apprenticeship Programme within the Hospitality Industry
- An opportunity to apply for a Guaranteed Minimum Hours Contract
- Employee Assistance Programme provided by AXA
A franchised restaurant is a restaurant operated by a local business person trading under the McDonald’s name. Currently, over 80% of our restaurants in the UK are franchised but from a customer point of view, there’s no difference. For employees, there will be minor differences between a company and a franchised restaurant. Please refer to the additional information for more details.
Quite simply, you’ll be working in our fast-moving, high-energy environment and we’re looking for a genuine smile plus an ability to connect with customers and make them feel valued.
You’ll need to be confident in approaching and dealing with diverse groups of people. Friendly, courteous and helpful behaviour will come naturally to you and you’ll work well as part of a team. Effective communication skills such as attentive listening, face-to-face verbal communication and eye contact are a must. You’ll also need to understand the importance of maintaining high standards of quality and service as well as cleanliness. The ability to maintain high energy levels whilst working both efficiently and productively is essential. Finally, your appearance should be smart and clean.
For overnights, you will have to be 18 or older to follow the legal requirements given by the government. Between 12 midnight and 6 am, you will also receive an extra £2.00 per hour on top of your regular hourly rate.