Website Ministry of Justice UK
We encourage applications from people from all backgrounds and aim to have a workforce that represents the wider society that we serve. We pride ourselves on being an employer of choice. We champion diversity, inclusion and wellbeing and aim to create a workplace where everyone feels valued and a sense of belonging. To find out more about how we do this visit: https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/ministry-of-justice/about/equality-and-diversity.
- Keep abreast of changes to user habits, preferences and behaviours across various digital platforms and their implications for successful delivery of government digital services
- Underpin the delivery and iteration of digital services through effective analysis of qualitative and quantitative user data
- Deliver services that meet the Digital by Default Service Standard and are best in class for government, giving the same level of digital experience users expect from daily interaction with the most respected web services
- Lead one or more multi-disciplinary agile delivery teams to deliver excellent new products and iterations to existing products to meet user needs
- Gather user requirements based on a communicable understanding of diverse audience groups
- Define and get user buy-in for product definition and delivery approach.
- Create effective, prioritised product descriptions and delivery plans to meet user needs in a cost effective way
- Interpret user research in order to make the correct product decisions, noting that users do not always know what they want
- Provide leadership across the organisation in digital, making the case for digital and agile ways of working
- Develop and manage stakeholder relationships within D&T and externally to create buy in for the product
- Communicate credibly with a wide range of digital delivery disciplines and talent both internally and externally
- Be actively involved across partner and user communities to promote the department’s principles and foster a collaborative approach to solution delivery and engagement
- Compassionate maternity, adoption, and shared parental leave policies, with up to 26 weeks leave at full pay, 13 weeks with partial pay, and 13 weeks further leave. And maternity support/paternity leave at full pay for 2 weeks, too!
- 37 hours per week and flexible working options including working from home, working part-time, job sharing, or working compressed hours.
- We are committed to nurturing our staff and provide lots of training and development opportunities with learning platforms such as: Linux Academy, O’Reilly, Pluralsight, Microsoft Learning, Civil Service Learning, GDS Academy, etc.
- 10% dedicated time to learning and development with a budget of £1000 a year per person
- Generous civil service pension based on defined benefit scheme, with employer contributions of 26-30% depending on salary.
- 25 days leave (plus bank holidays) and 1 privilege day usually taken around the Queens’ birthday. 5 additional days of leave once you have reached 5 years of service.
- Wellbeing support including access to the Calm app.
- Nurturing professional and interpersonal networks including those for Careers & Childcare, Gender Equality, PROUD and SPIRIT
- Bike loans up to £2500 and secure bike parking (subject to availability and location)
- Season ticket loans, childcare vouchers and eye-care vouchers.
- 5 days volunteering paid leave.
- Free membership to BCS, the Chartered Institute for IT.
- Some offices may have a subsidised onsite Gym.
- Product ownership – the core tactical skills of product management, capturing user needs to inform decision-making and prioritisation, and translated into actionable goals for a team (often through tools such as the backlog and user stories).
- You’ll be working to at least ‘practitioner’ level, capable of working with a range of specialists in a multidisciplinary team and applying the tools, terms, and concepts in a variety of ways to suit your context
- Strategic ownership – the core strategic skills of product management, building the overall value proposition, business model, vision and roadmap that enable us to focus on outcomes, not outputs.
- You’ll be working to at least ‘practitioner’ level, capable of building a strategy from scant information and getting buy-in from colleagues
- Lifecycle perspective – Understanding of the different phases of the product lifecycle and the impact this has on product strategy.
- You’ll be at least ‘working level’ in this skill, have expertise in moving a product or service from one stage of the product lifecycle to another (e.g. how this informs the the product’s goals, users, and team)
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience of using agile tools and techniques
- Experience of working with a software development team
Company: Ministry of Justice UK
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: London, England
Application Deadline: N/AApply Here