Website Ministry of Justice UK
We encourage applications from people from all backgrounds and aim to have a workforce that represents the wider society that we serve. We pride ourselves on being an employer of choice. We champion diversity, inclusion and wellbeing and aim to create a workplace where everyone feels valued and a sense of belonging. To find out more about how we do this visit: https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/ministry-of-justice/about/equality-and-diversity.
- Drafting letters and investigation reports in plain English ensuring that they are clear and accurate and demonstrate the case has been fully investigated.
- Setting out the facts clearly and comprehensively, as well as the analysis and considerations that led to the final conclusions.
- This will include making recommendations, if required, and identifying areas of good practice.
- Investigating cases according to our quality, quantity and timeliness objectives.
- Attending establishments across England and Wales to conduct investigations and interviews and to undertake other related tasks where necessary. To facilitate these visits, you may need to start early, finish late or stay overnight near an establishment.
- Arranging factual accuracy checking/ advance disclosure of draft reports, where necessary; considering any comments received; and proposing amendments where appropriate in order to produce final reports.
- Liaising with stakeholders and partner agencies as necessary throughout investigations.
- Supporting the wider work of the office through cross-office projects, mentoring, supporting the work of team members, etc.
- Any other appropriate tasks as required.
- The ability to analyse and make a sound judgement based on multiple and sometimes conflicting evidence.
- The ability to draft investigation products so that the message is clear, simple, accurate and well-evidenced with realistic and meaningful conclusions.
Qualification & Experience:
- As part of your application, please demonstrate what relevant experience you have for the role in the free text box at the end.
- Your application should include an example where you have demonstrated the skills required for each of the following four behaviours.
Company: Ministry of Justice UK
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: London, England
Application Deadline: N/AApply Here