Website Network Rail
About the job
CX SMS, Basing ROC, Direct (881711) G1
About Network Rail
Our passengers and freight users are at the heart of everything we do. We help connect people to their friends and families and get goods to their destination safely and efficiently. We’re an organisation where people matter.
We’re continuing to build a diverse organisation which is representative of the people we serve. We want to harness the skills and expertise of our people and attract the best talent, to enable a safe and accessible railway for everyone. To learn why inclusion is important to us, please click
About our people and the recruitment process – We’re an inclusive employer of choice and we welcome applications from everyone!
We encourage our colleagues to work flexibly, as we know traditional working patterns don’t always fit. If you want to consider working flexibly, just let us know and we’ll do our best to help and invest in your career with us , whilst you have a healthy work life balance.
We’re also a
Collate and interrogate information from asset monitoring equipment and make arrangements to attend where alarms demand as necessary.Provide support to maintenance teams in response to alarms, alerts and scheduled maintenance activities.Undertake inspection, faulting, maintenance and renewal work to relevant standards.
PLEASE NOTE: We are recruiting for 4 roles, these positions will be due to start on the 31st March 2023
About The Role (External)
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establish and maintain appropriate safety arrangements for staff under your control including Contractors.
- Carryout work safely and in accordance with the safe systems of work procedures, method statements or other relevant instructions.
- Undertake work and associated duties for which you are trained and competent.
- Monitor information arising from remote condition monitoring equipment and liaise as required with Controls, Section Managers and Engineers on fault analysis, response and prioritisation of entry into fault management systems.
- Manage entries and close out of faults in the fault management and fault rectification activities.
- Undertake and direct work activities in a safe and efficient manner and in accordance with all relevant standards.
- Control and check the quality of work undertaken and confirm assets are compliant to standards.
- Check that the staff under your control have the appropriate and valid competencies.
- Check that vehicles, plant, tools, equipment and materials under your control are fit for use and are used/stored and disposed of correctly.
- Accurately report all work completed/not completed and produce/maintain records as required
- Contribute to your own development and that of others.
- Adhere to company policies and procedures.
Experience, skills, knowledge, competencies and qualifications:
- Experience of arranging and implementing safe systems of work.
- Experience of organising and controlling the safe and efficient delivery of work.
- Able to demonstrate, promote and embed safe working behaviours within the team.
- Able to lead, motivate and direct a team.
- Able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Knowledge and experience of signalling inspection, faulting, maintenance and renewal techniques.
- Knowledge of relevant standards, procedures and instructions.
- Hold and retain competencies relevant to this post, required by business need.
- Ideally hold (or be working towards) an NVQ level 2 or 3 (or equivalent) in a relevant subject or have attained the appropriate level of knowledge gained through equivalent relevant experience.
- Able and willing to drive vehicles as required by business need.
How To Apply (External)
Salary : S&T Grade 4 (Advanced) £ 48,658
Closing date : 28/10/2023. – Late applications will not be accepted .
Click apply now to apply.
What does our recruitment process look like?
- Once you have applied, our Recruitment Specialist will look at your CV.
- If your experience matches what we’re looking for, you’ll be invited to aface to face interview with the hiring manager.
You can visit add a note to your application.
Network Rail Benefits –
All offers of employment are conditional upon satisfactory completion of pre-employment checks.