Website Network Rail
About the job
Southern Region – Asset Management
About Network Rail
Our passengers and freight users are at the heart of everything we do. We help connect people to their friends and families and get goods to their destination safely and efficiently. We’re an organisation where people matter.
We’re continuing to build a diverse organisation which is representative of the people we serve. We want to harness the skills and expertise of our people and attract the best talent, to enable a safe and accessible railway for everyone. To learn why inclusion is important to us, please click
About our people and the recruitment process – We’re an inclusive employer of choice and we welcome applications from everyone!
We encourage our colleagues to work flexibly, as we know traditional working patterns don’t always fit. If you want to consider working flexibly, just let us know and we’ll do our best to help and invest in your career with us , whilst you have a healthy work life balance.
We’re also a
We are recruiting for a Fire Safety Engineer here in Southern Region’s Asset Management Team.
Based at London Blackfriars, you’ll provide specialist fire safety advice, oversight and monitoring as to the effectiveness of fire safe standards across the organisation.
You’ll assist in the development and delivery of effective and efficient arrangements that comply with relevant legislation, protect the company’s assets, and minimise the impacts of fire on the company’s undertakings.
You’ll be playing a key role in ensuring the safety of both our staff and our Passengers.
About The Role (External)
- Monitor and assess the effectiveness of fire safety standards across the organisation by undertaking fire safety inspections and risk assessments. Provide technical support in the interpretation of codes and standards to support effective fire safety across Network Rails property portfolio and controlled infrastructure
- Monitor the delivery of contracts for supplying and maintaining fire safety equipment and raise any issues identified with contracts and procurement.
- Review the relevant fire safety arrangements of Network Rail suppliers as part of the supplier accreditation process.
- Support fire safety training and provide advice to enable line management and staff to deliver their fire safety responsibilities.
- Undertake the investigation of significant fires affecting the property portfolio or Network Rail controlled infrastructure.
- Assist in the development and production of codes of practice and procedures for fire risk management and undertake measurement, monitoring, audit, and review of fire safety arrangements to provide assurance that standards are maintained and are adequate to reduce fire risk.
- Carry out fire risk assessments and fire inspections where required at Network Rail controlled infrastructure.
- Review fire safety strategies on projects across Network Rail controlled infrastructure.
- Review and assure fire risk assessments provided by third party contractors and manage and coordinate remedial works.
Job Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Graduate of the Institution of Fire Engineers (or equivalent)
- Experience of safety including inspection, risk assessment and training
- Knowledge of relevant fire legislation and codes pertaining to the fire design and management of buildings
How To Apply (External)
Salary : £34,050 – £38,305, plus £3,270 Location Allowance
Closing date : 24 October 2023 – Late applications will not be accepted .
Click apply now to apply.
You can visit add a note to your application.
Network Rail Benefits –
All offers of employment are conditional upon satisfactory completion of pre-employment checks.