Website Network Rail
About the job
About Network Rail
At Network Rail, we’re part of a large family serving millions of passengers and freight users throughout the UK everyday. Our service impacts millions of people and we strive to become more efficient as we enhance, maintain and operate our network.
We want to help deliver a railway which is safe, reliable, affordable and that provides great customer service to everyone .
Our colleagues are encouraged to work flexibly as we know traditional working patterns don’t always fit. If you want to consider working flexibly, just let us know and we’ll do our best to help and invest in your career with us , whilst you have a healthy work life balance.
Lead the control team to meet defined safety, performance and financial objectives, balancing the interests of all customers and providing strategic direction in all aspects of command and control, incident management and train service management to recover the railway following disruption.
Please Note: This role requires the incumbent to hold security vetting.
About The Role (External)
- Lead and direct the development and implementation of the routes formal Incident Management strategy and structure.
- Lead real-time delivery of train performance and implement processes to deliver continuous improvement.
- Direct development and implementation of real time strategic plans to achieve recovery targets using industry resources.
- Manage the development and implementation of safety, train performance and customer satisfaction, initiatives.
- Accountable for communications to the Route Executive team, National Operations Centre and senior stakeholders regarding restoration and recovery of the network.
- Direct the team to achieve business / functional objectives and meet key performance measures. Create an engaged, motivated working environment in line with company values.
- Create a culture to enable customer and frontline employee feedback to be reflected in policies and procedures to deliver continuous performance improvement.
- Achieve financial, technical, safety and customer satisfaction targets.
- Lead delivery of the team in compliance with policies, procedures and standards and direct the development of disaster and incident management plans.
- Accountable for level 1 delay attribution across the route.
Job Skills, Experience And Qualifications
- Member of relevant professional body (for example Institution of Railway Operators) or equivalent experience
- Significant successful experience in operational management in a Safety Critical Industry
- Recognised capability of delivery leadership
- Proven ability to influence decision making at all levels and build cross functional / cross company relationships
- Proven communication and strategic leadership skills
- Significant knowledge of rail industry
- Significant successful experience in management in a dynamic complex environment
- Extensive knowledge of the railway operating code, service recovery, contingency planning and railway operating and maintenance practices
- Demonstrable knowledge and understanding of incident management processes and concepts in the rail industry with successful experience of incident management at both a strategic and tactical level
- Qualified as Rail Incident Officer (RIO) and Rail Incident Commander (RIC)
- Knowledge of relevant railway industry communication systems
How To Apply (External)
Salary : £81,718- £91,933
Closing date : 23rd of October 2023 – Late applications will not be accepted.
Click ‘apply now’ to apply.
We’re dedicated to creating an
Network Rail is a
Network Rail Benefits –
All offers of employment are conditional upon satisfactory completion of pre-employment checks.