Website Network Rail
About the job
SC HR Business Partner – NW&C (109004) G5
About Network Rail
Our passengers and freight users are at the heart of everything we do. We help connect people to their friends and families and get goods to their destination safely and efficiently. We’re an organisation where people matter.
We’re continuing to build a diverse organisation which is representative of the people we serve. We want to harness the skills and expertise of our people and attract the best talent, to enable a safe and accessible railway for everyone. To learn why inclusion is important to us, please click
About our people and the recruitment process – We’re an inclusive employer of choice and we welcome applications from everyone!
We encourage our colleagues to work flexibly, as we know traditional working patterns don’t always fit. If you want to consider working flexibly, just let us know and we’ll do our best to help and invest in your career with us , whilst you have a healthy work life balance.
We’re also a
To lead on the strategic development of region-wide communications and engagement activity, defining regional identity, fostering a positive working culture and building cross-organisation capability in the delivery of key messages. Lead and develop the Internal Communications & Engagement team to execute a clear business narrative and address barriers to effective communication and engagement.
Please note this role can based in either Birmingham, Manchester, London Euston, or Milton Keynes.
About The Role (External)
- Define and deliver the regional employee communications and engagement strategy with agreed consistent messaging and approach to maximise employee engagement.
- Partner with the regional executive team to provide experienced communication support. Develop and maintain effective and integrated trust-based working relationships with regional and national colleagues and Trades Union representatives, acting as a trusted advisor for communications and engagement activity.
- Establish a drumbeat of communication activity to meet the needs of the business and define the regional internal identity, tone of voice and narrative. Own and be the overall guardian for brand guidelines that are regularly reviewed and developed.
- Provide strategic leadership for a team and overseeing output so that communications are of a consistent high standard, complex concepts and messages are easy to understand, align with the overarching business narrative and promote Network Rail’s vision and values.
- Lead on communications and engagement strategy for high-profile/high-sensitivity projects. Understand the project objectives and produce creative multi-channel content to inform and engage.
- Work with the wider HR function to drive improvements to organisational culture and capability, including defining the regional approach to reward and recognition, and promoting feedback mechanisms including the Your Voice and pulse surveys.
- Work collaboratively with the senior communications leads to develop an annual integrated communications plan, for key projects with both internal and external audiences.
- Establish a suite of communication and engagement KPIs and regularly review team activity, taking proactive action where required and sharing insights across the team.
- Regularly review the team’s activity so that innovation, creativity and efficiency are always at the forefront of communications and engagement activity and delivery. Horizon scan for, and make a case for investment in, new and emerging communication platforms that meet the needs of our workforce.
- Provide training on good communication and engagement practice as required, via workshops or clinics to upskill region and route colleagues.
Job Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Experienced and highly competent communicator, with excellent interpersonal skills
- Knowledge and demonstrated success of communications best practice
- Proven organisation and project management skills, with excellent attention to detail
- Ability to deliver cross-platform campaigns that drive positive change against objectives
- Significant experience of advising senior leaders in good communications and engagement practice
- Experience of managing workloads to support both planned and reactive requests
- Knowledge of internal communications and engagement management in complex organisations
- Ability to communicate and influence at different levels
- Experience of delivering high-profile communications
- Experience of working to a tone-of-voice or brand document for an internal audience
- Experience of managing a team
- Demonstrable experience of implementing culture and/or behavioural change in a complex organisation
- Proven ability to grasp, understand and promote complex and sensitive issues in a persuasive and sensible way
- Educated to degree level or have an equivalent professional qualification e.g. Chartered Institute of Public Relations (CIPR), Charted Institute of Marketing (CIM), National Council for the Training of Journalists (NCTJ) or can demonstrate relevant work experience
- Experience of directing and managing agency support
- Knowledge and understanding of the UK rail industry
How To Apply (External)
Salary : Band 2B: £68,099-£76,612
Closing date : 23rd October 2023. Late applications will not be accepted .
Interviews will take place 7th and 8th November.
Click apply now to apply.
This role may require the incumbent to hold security vetting in which case no employment can commence until the required vetting clearance has been obtained.
Remote working opportunity! this role requires working in the office 2/3 days a week (amend as applicable)
You can visit add a note to your application.
Network Rail Benefits –
All offers of employment are conditional upon satisfactory completion of pre-employment checks.