About the job
About the role:
At Next we have a great opportunity for a Senior Supplier Coordinator to join our Supplier Maintenance Team based at our Head Office in Leicestershire. The Supplier Maintenance Team’s function is to ensure that background checks are carried out on all new suppliers including any amendments to existing suppliers. The Senior Supplier Coordinator carries out screening and background checks on suppliers, ensuring all checks are accurate and referring any anomalies to their manager for approval. Next is a global company so we work with suppliers and third parties suppliers around the world.
- Facilitate supplier diligence, on-boarding and relationship management processes, particularly in collecting and analysis of due diligence .
- Have the ability to think laterally and problem solve, identify risks as well as areas for enhancement
- Request documentation and follow up outstanding vetting information from companies as required, to ensure the Supplier is on boarded in the fastest possible time.
- Ensure all relevant documentations are verified and screened to mitigate fraud.
- Follow up with suppliers for outstanding documentations in a professional and timely manner.
- Manage the shared mailbox to meet the required SLA for response.
- Ad hoc duties as required to support the team and manager
- Demonstrate positive attitude and behaviours at all times, offering assistance to your colleagues where time allows and work as part of the team at all times
- Promote and provide advice on best compliance practice within critical business areas, including presenting on boarding framework.
- Be able to deal with a diverse range of tasks, requiring stakeholder management while meeting deadlines
- Represent Next on Google meets with third parties/suppliers
- Experienced in customer or financial services
- Significant attention to detail and accuracy
- Basic Google Workspace including Calendar, Chat, Docs, Drive, Meet, Sheets, and Slide
- Excellent telephone and customer service skills
- Positive attitude with the willingness to provide the highest level of internal stakeholders and external suppliers.
- Ability to work accurately and effectively under pressure and to prioritise workload, whilst remaining calm and composed
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal
- Ability to absorb instructions and follow a process
- Team player, courteous and flexible approach
- Self-starter, motivated
You know Next, but did you know we’re a FTSE-100 retail company employing over 35,000 people across the UK and Ireland. We’re the UK’s 2nd largest fashion retailer and for Kidswear we’re the market leader. At the last count we have over 500 stores, plus the Next Online and it’s now possible to buy on-line from over 70 countries around the world! So we’ve gone global!
- 25% off a huge selection of Next, Lipsy & Victoria’s Secret products
- Company performance based bonus
- Sharesave scheme
- On-site Nursery available; OFSTED outstanding in all areas
- 10% off most partner brands & up to 15% off Branded Beauty
- Early VIP access to sale stock
- Access to fantastic discounts at our Staff Shops
- Subsidised restaurant, coffee shop and juice bar
- Access a 24/7 digital GP and other free health and wellbeing services
- Free on-site parking
Our aim is to support all applicants during the application process and to provide reasonable adjustments when necessary and requested. If you would like to request support with your application due to any health condition, feel free to get in touch with us by calling us on 0116 284 6858 and leave a voicemail.