Website The Open University
The Open University is the UK’s largest university, a world leader in flexible part-time education combining a mission to widen access to higher education with research excellence, transforming lives through education.
- The work includes end of module marking tasks. Some evening and weekend work will be required.
- The appropriate level of FTE will be discussed at interview, and there is the possibility of increasing the FTE later. The starting full-time salary is £34,304 paid pro rata based on your FTE.
- We are looking to recruit several Associate Lecturers in the area of Machine Learning and AI, in the School of Computing and Communications at the Open University.
- The position is part-time initially at up to 0.1 FTE on one module with the possibility of teaching other modules within the School.
- The position is home-based and has no fixed core hours.
- It is permanent, with a probation period of two years.
- The annual salary and workload are fixed, but there are significant workload peaks and troughs, mainly linked to providing marking and assessment feedback.
- Although most of the teaching occurs between October and June, the position is paid over the full calendar year.
- We have a strong commitment to providing training and development in and beyond your current role.
- To ensure they remain up to date with developments in their academic field, Associate Lecturers are allocated 6 days (pro-rata) per annum for AL-led (ie. self-directed) Academic Currency and 1 day, plus 5 days pro rata, per annum for Agreed Academic Currency and Professional Development.
Company: The Open University
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Milton Keynes, England
Application Deadline: N/AApply Here