Website Science Museum
The National Collections Centre (NCC) is based in Wroughton, Swindon and is currently home to objects from the Science Museum Group Collection and the Science Museum’s world-class Library and Archive, with another 300,000 objects being relocated to the site from Blythe House, London as part of our One Collection project.
- You will be answering enquiries, contributing to regular reporting and handling feedback.
- You will share your passion for the collection and its stories through leading behind-the-scenes public tours, as well as online and hybrid events from the NCC.
- As a Collections Access Facilitator, you will be pivotal in providing timely, efficient and inspiring access to our collections at NCC for a range of audiences, including curators, researchers, enthusiasts, non-specialist adults, curious families and school groups.
- You will work as a team and in close coordination with colleagues in other teams – to ensure that objects are made available physically and virtually for curators, exhibition teams and researchers.
- This will involve hands-on object moves as well as providing a welcoming presence and on-the-ground assistance at the NCC.
- You will partner with SMG Learning to deliver a seasonal school programme and develop and deliver community-focused events.
- Your work will be supported and enhanced by volunteers.
- Joining us you will be a good communicator with a welcoming and friendly approach to engaging with a diverse range of people.
- You will be able to confidently lead tours and/or deliver talks with enthusiasm.
- Crucially you will have a passion for increasing access to objects and their stories for a range of audiences.
Qualification & Experience:
- You will have great organisational skills and be able to work well with others in a team
Company: Science Museum
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Wroughton, England
Application Deadline: N/AApply Here