Website Science Museum
One Collection is the Science Museum Group’s major strategic initiative to re-imagine how our world-leading collection of objects relating to science, technology, transport, medicine, and the media is cared for, accessed, and shared. Through relocating circa 320,000 objects from Blythe House in West London to a newly built facility at Wroughton in Wiltshire, and improving access to the collection physically, remotely, and digitally, One Collection will ensure we continue to inspire futures for generations to come.
- You may supervise volunteers and will help to engage our audiences with the project and the collection.
- This position is based at the National Collections Centre, the Science Museum Group’s new object store in Wroughton but will also include occasional travel to the Science Museum in South Kensington.
- At present, the role is flexible at approximately 50% home-based working, and this is likely to continue.
- Working with the Curator Team Leader, you will work across the collections, carrying out research towards object provenance and identification in addition to providing practical collections support to the One Collection team.
- In liaison with the Science Museum’s Curators, you will identify and catalogue objects, improve existing records, and undertake tasks towards acquisition and disposal.
- As the world’s leading group of science museums, we share our unparalleled collection spanning science, technology, engineering, mathematics and medicine with over five million visitors each year.
- Joining us as an employee, you will have the opportunity to develop your career in a world-class museum group.
- The Science Museum Group (SMG) is here to inspire futures.
- We know work/life balance and wellbeing is crucial to our colleagues, so we currently offer up to 25 days annual leave in addition to bank holidays; BUPA medical and dental care; employee assistance programme; enhanced contributory pension; enhanced occupational sick, maternity, paternity and adoption leave and career breaks.
Company: Science Museum
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Wroughton, England
Application Deadline: N/AApply Here