About The Role
I lead the delivery of the planned and reactive maintenance work orders to our field maintenance teams
You will be responsible for
- Attending meetings to ensure I engage and manage the expectations of all stakeholders
- Coordinating and planning maintenance activities through the EAM system Verisae
- Identifying and developing opportunities to improve processes year-on-year
- Leading the team in the absence of the Planning Manager
- Supporting the implementation and control of the EAM System
- Drive effectiveness and improve KPIs
- Driving internal and external team attendance performance to deliver value for money
- Providing clarity around the work order number Process.
- Task-Oriented motivating of teams
- Drive reduction in part lead times
- Managing my own time and resources effectively, making the most of my time at work
- I am the ‘go to’ person to provide work order and system updates
- Act with integrity and authenticity; I do what I say I will do, to build credibility
- Understanding facts and have accurate data to help place the customer at the heart of the everything we do
- Living our values, treating others how they want to be treated, and help to create a great place to work
You will need
- Stakeholder management
- Influencing skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to make quick and effective decisions
- Attention to detail
- Root cause analysis
- Financial awareness
- Resilience and Responsiveness
- Experience working in a fast paced environment.
- Experience in maintenance desirable
- Experience working with EAM systems such as Verisae
- Process Improvement
- Communications experience
- Working with remote teams
- Conflict resolution
- Intermediate IT Skills
- Contractor Management
What’s In It For You
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work! These include but are not limited to:
- Annual bonus scheme.
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day (plus 8 Bank holidays).
- Company Car Allowance
- Retirement savings plan
- Great colleague deals and discounts, saving you money on everyday purchases, eating out and utility bills for the home.
- Opportunities to get on – take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award winning training, to help you achieve the job and career you want.
Click here to read more about the benefits we have available for our colleagues.
At Tesco Maintenance, it’s our people that make us one of the leading retail maintenance providers in the UK. We operate in over 3,500 Tesco and One Stop stores, distribution centres, Tesco banks and head offices, to deliver first class maintenance and engineering solutions and support.
With our comprehensive induction and our technical competency plan, we invest in training for our field colleagues to have the right level of skills and expertise for each role to work safely and provide first-rate asset management across our estate. We create a culture where every colleague is competent, motivated and professional, maximising the level of support we offer to Tesco stores.
From multi-skilled, to technically-savvy technicians, we’ve got it covered. Our Operations and Maintenance Managers span the entirety of the UK; technically-minded individuals who support our field engineers to get the job done. Our Engineering team work to introduce a broad spectrum of award-winning new technological initiatives; from compliance testing to refrigeration, security to sustainability.