Website University Of Warwick
This is a fantastic opportunity to work within our vibrant and friendly Warwick Sport team as a Lifeguard. The role of a lifeguard is to provide excellent levels of customer service, supporting the reception team and supporting the delivery of great events across all Warwick Sports facilities.
- To take the initial stresses of any customer complaint and to use tact and diplomacy to offer rectification, or to ask for help from the Duty Manager if this is not possible.
- Quality Systems and Processes
- To efficiently and effectively operate the tills and computerised booking system.
- To ensure that the daily cleaning and safety checks of all sports facilities are carried out according to recommended guidelines and report any issues where relevant.
- To assist with the management of control of access to all sports facilities.
- To undertake regular training as required in job related areas as well as maintaining necessary qualifications.
- To undertake any other duties and responsibilities in line with the grade of the post as directed by the Duty Managers or Departmental Management Team.
- Assist with basic administrative tasks in support of other Warwick Sport teams.
- According to the resource planner, rotate around all sports facility buildings, Sports Centre, Games Hall, Cryfield Centre and Tennis Centre, and separate areas within each, working at Reception areas and carrying out daily checks at each plus performing any other duties as directed by the Duty Managers.
- To act as Lifeguard according to the Warwick Sport normal operating and emergency action plan procedures including regular checking of safety equipment.
- Mission, Vision and Values
- Working as part of a team, jointly support all aspects of all sports facilities providing a high quality customer service to all users in accordance with the Warwick Sport Team Guide, Normal Operating Procedures and Emergency Action Plan.
- Support the Warwick Sport department in its delivery of its mission, vision and objectives to increase participation, significantly contribute to the staff and student experience and provision of an outstanding customer experience.
- Customer Experience
- To provide exceptional customer service to all visitors to all sports facilities.
- To provide a welcoming and safe environment for all visitors.
- Be responsible for the day to day presentation of playing and all other areas of sports facility buildings, ensuring displayed information is up to date, relevant and accurate and that each area is safe, clean and in a condition to provide a high level customer experience.
- To ensure that appropriate and quality sports equipment is available for hire/purchase.
- To upsell and provide accurate, informed and up to date details of Warwick Sport membership schemes, products and services making recommendations where appropriate.
- To deal with all customer enquiries both face to face and over the telephone using own judgement and initiative as required.
- To be aware of and pro-actively enforce and monitor high standards of health and safety with regard to all facility users as well as colleagues.
- Working within the Lifestyle Fitness area, provide level 2 advice on health and fitness, carry out daily cleaning, equipment and health and safety checks plus other routine daily tasks associated with excellent customer service and safe use of facilities.
- To support all areas of the Warwick Sport Team as and where appropriate in offering opportunities across sport and active lifestyles to the university community.
- Marketing and Communications
- Assist in the communication of relevant information to customers and to other department teams regarding operational and promotional matters.
- To take and record regular water tests and take relevant action when necessary.
- To act as first aider for all sports facilities.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. (a, c)Essential Criteria
- The ability to work on own initiative and make appropriate decisions, with experience of working without supervision, to tight timescales and deadlines. (a, c)Essential Criteria
- Ability to maintain accurate records
- Essential Criteria 1Educated to GCSE level, NVQ Level 1/2 or equivalent experience.
- (a, c)Essential Criteria 2Full UK or EU equivalent driving licence (with category D1 entitlement for driving minibuses preferred), held for at least 2 years with no serious driving convictions.
- (a, c)Essential Criteria 3Excellent customer service skills with experience of working in a customer service environment, including the ability to tactfully deal with any customer complaints or issues.
- (a, b, c)Essential Criteria
Qualification & Experience:
- The Person Specification focuses on the knowledge, skills, experience and qualifications required to undertake the role effectively.
Company: University Of Warwick
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Coventry, England
Application Deadline: N/AApply Here