About the job
Customers rely on Amazon for convenient access to millions of products delivered right to their doorstep. The Amazon Business team is focused on re-imagining that experience to fit the specific needs of businesses and public organizations. Come be a part of a rapidly expanding $25 billion global business.
Amazon Business helps millions of customers worldwide—from small businesses, schools, hospitals, non-profit organizations, and government agencies, to large enterprises with global operations—reshape their procurement with cost and time savings, greater productivity, and insightful purchasing analytics. Customers also have access to a variety of business-tailored features and benefits, including a curated site experience, Business Prime, business-only pricing and selection, single or multi user business accounts, approvals workflow, purchasing system integrations, payment solutions, dedicated customer support, and more.
Public Sector procurement is going through an array of digital transformation projects and Senior Account Executives are responsible for supporting long-term strategic customer relationships from acquisition to stabilizing growth with our innovative solutions. Our teams operate with a start-up mentality as we tackle complex, large-scale challenges and continuously innovate solutions to create the best possible customer experience.
In this role, you will ensure solutions meet our customer’s procurement needs and will recommend approaches and alternatives that fit their environment, including but not limited to contracting and competitive requirements unique to public public sector customers/organizations, eProcurement integrations, advanced payment methods, and sustainability features. You will work closely with functional areas such as Procurement, Finance, and IT to manage deployment and ensure that our solutions are successfully adopted.
Key job responsibilities
- Develop and own relationships in Higher-Education (University level) with 6+ years of working experience. Build strategic and effective relationships at a senior level that solve Government procurement challenges.
- Own strategic customer and territory planning. Drive accurate weekly forecast/reporting on pipeline growth and customer spend adoption.
- You are sensitive to customer/procurement regulations and work to help define and build the Higher Education procurement strategy for today and the future.
- Advise customers on how to optimally leverage Amazon Business feature sets (100+ features)
- Identify new product development opportunities. Collect and relay customer needs to internal Amazon teams including Product, Tech, Category management, and others to continuously innovate on behalf of customers.
- Develop and maintain internal expertise/knowledge of market trends including a comprehensive review of market drivers, cost structures, technical improvements, and competitive landscape.
- Meet or exceed targets for customers and Amazon Business
BA/BS degree preferred (not required)
- B2B -or- B2G enterprise sales and/or account management experience
- Knowledge of Procure-to-Pay (eProcurement), system integration and tender processes with Public Sector customers
- Superior communication skills – both oral and written
- Proven analytical skills and ability to influence people both internally and externally
- Decisive and ability to move with speed to implement ideas
- A passionate, self-starter, ready to take Amazon Business’s customer experience to the next level
- Broad Public Sector awareness developed in a fast-moving environment
- Experience with Salesforce or other CRM systems.
- Knowledge of Procure-to-Pay (eProcurement), system integrations, and Bid/Capture processes with Public Sector customers
- BA/BS degree
- Proven ability to influence others and lead customer engagements
- Background in Public Sector space e.g. Government, Education, Non-Profit.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Our inclusive culture empowers Amazonians to deliver the best results for our customers. If you have a disability and need an adjustment during the application and hiring process, including support for the interview or onboarding process, please contact the Applicant-Candidate Accommodation Team (ACAT), Monday through Friday from 7:00 am GMT – 4:00 pm GMT. If calling directly from the United Kingdom, please dial +44 800 086 9884 (tel:+448000869884). If calling from Ireland, please dial +353 1800 851 489 (tel:+3531800851489).
Company – Amazon EU SARL (UK Branch)
Job ID: A2197297