About the job
Are you an exceptional technical leader who is passionate about high-performance distributed systems?
Come join us in the Ad Serving group Sizmek by Amazon.
Sizmek by Amazon provides advertisers and agencies with solutions to create, distribute, measure, and optimize their marketing spend. Our customers are some of the most advanced, global brands on the planet.
We build and operate the core ad serving and provisioning infrastructure for our globally distributed ad server. Our provisioning systems allow customers to easily create campaigns that leverage our core creative products, either via the web or through API’s. Our globally distributed ad servers handle tens of thousands of ad requests per second within the smallest latency budgets. We utilise a wide range of technologies (Java, C++, … all in AWS) to provide our customers with the best user experience around the globe.
In this role you will have the freedom (and encouragement) to experiment, improve, invent, and innovate under the team domain.
Candidates for this position should have experience in developing distributed systems, strong technical ability, great communication skills, and motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- Non-internship professional software development experience
- Experience as a mentor, tech lead OR leading an engineering team
- B.Sc. In computer science / SW Eng. or related field, MAMRAM/8200
- At least 7 years’ experience in Java server-side development
- Experience with in one or more of the following technologies: NoSQL, REST
- Experience with micro-service approach
- A desire to work in a collaborative, intellectually curious environment.
- Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience influencing software engineers’ best practices within your team
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Our inclusive culture empowers Amazonians to deliver the best results for our customers. If you have a disability and need an adjustment during the application and hiring process, including support for the interview or onboarding process, please contact the Applicant-Candidate Accommodation Team (ACAT), Monday through Friday from 7:00 am GMT – 4:00 pm GMT. If calling directly from the United Kingdom, please dial +44 800 086 9884 (tel:+448000869884). If calling from Ireland, please dial +353 1800 851 489 (tel:+3531800851489).
Company – Amazon Online UK Limited
Job ID: A2183293