About the job
Amazon is seeking a VAT Manager based in Europe to work on VAT planning for both new initiatives as well as on-going business activities covering primarily B2B EU VAT, but also supporting wider EMEA/ROW B2B. This position will work closely with local business partners and members of the tax department to structure and understand transactions and restructurings. In addition, the position is to ensure VAT technical advice to support our VAT reporting, compliance, and on-going tax controversy requirements.
The Candidate Must
In order to be successful, the candidate must possess the ability to think strategically while also engaging in normal day-to-day tactical details.
- Have in-depth VAT technical knowledge with experience evaluating and advising on business initiatives, contemplated transactions, and business proposals; and
- Should be able to support on extremely complex audit and controversy projects in a hands-on and dynamic way.
Candidate should be able to effectively manage networks and stakeholders, and also must be able to communicate, written and verbally, complex VAT concepts in ways that are meaningful and useful to non-tax professionals.
This position is not directly involved in day to day compliance but is responsible for assisting with the delivery of planning, real time coordination, and communication of various tax-related projects as well as collaborating with business partner contacts. This includes drafting the appropriate level of documentation to support analyses performed, decisions made and conclusions reached for purposes of reporting and compliance.
Extensive VAT experience with a global consulting firm, law firm or blue chip commercial organisation.
- Recognised professional tax qualification, chartered accountant or relevant law degree
- Detail-oriented individual who takes ownership of projects, is organized, possesses excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, and is able to deliver on tight deadlines
- Highly motivated, hard-working, and able to work in a fast paced, informal, and often ambiguous environment
- Able to clearly and concisely interface with all levels of management
- Able to analyze and review statutes, regulations, and case law and then extract data and make appropriate recommendations
- Effective interpersonal skills, including persuasive written and oral communication skills
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Company – Amazon UK Services Ltd.
Job ID: A2082470