About the job
Amazon Transportation Services (ATS) builds the technologies and services that enable manual and automated movement of packages across Amazon’s worldwide transportation facilities, including Fulfillment Centers, Sort Centers, Amazon Air Gateways and Delivery Stations (https://youtu.be/en5YqrtBGvY). We build visibility platforms that enable Operations to monitor and refine their volume and staffing, and optimise their processes. Our systems process millions of packages a day and ensure Amazon meets the customer delivery promise. Our mission is to build the most efficient and optimal transportation system on the planet using our engineering muscle as our biggest advantage.
We are looking for Software Engineers with solid software engineering experience involving solving complex problems. You will work on key initiatives supporting our rapid evolution and growth of the transportation network in Europe and in the process solve some of our most challenging problems.
As an engineer in ATS EU, you will provide technical experience to the team, drive best practices, mentor other engineers and drive continuous improvements in engineering and operational excellence.
Key job responsibilities
In This Role, You Will
- Write high-quality, maintainable and testable code
- Build highly available, secure, distributed systems in a micro-service architecture
- Participate in design discussions, code review, and communicating with internal and external customers/stakeholders
- Collaborate with some of the best engineers in the industry to work on complex challenges in large-scale computing and find out what it takes to engineer systems at “Amazon Scale”
- Own and operate the systems that you build based on real-time customer data
About The Team
Our mission; designing and developing custom solutions for different teams across ATS with a focus on EU network planning. We provide rapid prototyping and productionisation on a variety of tools/algorithms designed by subject matter experts, adding our own insights. We promote process automation and streamlining process for the business.
We aspire to become a rapid operations software development team and to be deployed on a variety of business areas requiring a fully supported technical solution. Using engineering excellence, we drive innovation in our business partners limiting their effort/time wastage and increasing their effectiveness and impact on their respective areas.
- A Bachelor’s Degree or above in Computer Science, Engineering or related field is required.
- 1+ years of programming experience in Java/Python/C++, or other object-oriented languages.
- Strong computer science and software development fundamentals, including object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design and complexity analysis.
- Experience of building and operating highly scalable and available services.
- Knowledge of databases and SQL
- Experience of building data-intensive applications, event-driven micro-services
- Experience with AWS or other cloud technologies
- Deep hands-on technical expertise in full-stack development
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Company – Amazon UK Services Ltd.
Job ID: A1975034