About the job
Want to work on systems that support billions of ad requests across multiple channels and formats and power multi-billion dollar advertising products?
We are looking for outstanding Software Development Engineers to join the Audience Building teams in our development centres in Edinburgh, Scotland, and London, England – your choice! Audience Building enables advertisers to define the customers they want to engage based on shopping interactions, digital content consumption, and other events on Amazon via rules and machine learned models. As a member of our Agile team you will have the opportunity to drive a key product in the Amazon Advertising targeting infrastructure.
Your team will own the business, technology, and operations, giving you the responsibility and authority to ensure success. You will be involved in every aspect of the process – from idea generation, business analysis and technical design through to software development across a variety of technologies. Your systems will meet remarkably high standards of performance and reliability, and will operate at massive scale, 24×7.
The position offers exceptional opportunities for every candidate to grow their technical and non-technical skills. If you are selected, you have the opportunity to really make a difference to our business by inventing, enhancing and building world class systems, delivering results, working on exciting and challenging projects.
Key job responsibilities
You will collaborate with product managers and applied scientists on the team, as well as interact directly with advertisers and media agencies to understand their requirements, and then design and deliver solutions that meet and exceed the requirements. This will include developing new systems and rearchitecting or extending existing ones. You will be expected to mentor and guide junior engineers in developing their skills, and will have the opportunity to contribute to the architectural and product evolution of the wider suite of Amazon Advertising targeting infrastructure products.
About The Team
Audience Building sits at the heart of Amazon Advertising’s targeting offerings. We build APIs and self-service tools that are available to advertisers outside of Amazon to enable them to build audiences (or targeting segments) in real-time, on-demand. We build using the latest AWS technologies, while leveraging advanced big data and machine learning techniques. We do all of this while building automated mechanisms to ensure the highest levels of privacy compliance, aligned to the first tenet of our program, safeguarding customer trust at all times.
- Experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- Non-internship professional software development experience
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- Best-practice software engineering including Agile methodologies, unit testing, refactoring, source control management, continuous integration and build processes.
- Proven track record of designing and delivering complex systems (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling).
- Strong computer science grounding in a broad range of algorithms and data-structures.
- Strong analytical and excellent problem solving skills.
- Strong written and verbal English communications skills.
- In-depth experience with functional languages such as Scala or F#.
- Advanced coding skills (concurrency, profiling and performance optimisation).
- Linux/UNIX (command-line tools, shell scripts, operations)
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Our inclusive culture empowers Amazonians to deliver the best results for our customers. If you have a disability and need an adjustment during the application and hiring process, including support for the interview or onboarding process, please contact the Applicant-Candidate Accommodation Team (ACAT), Monday through Friday from 7:00 am GMT – 4:00 pm GMT. If calling directly from the United Kingdom, please dial +44 800 086 9884 (tel:+448000869884). If calling from Ireland, please dial +353 1800 851 489 (tel:+3531800851489).
Company – Amazon Dev Centre(Scotland)Ltd
Job ID: A2197005