About the job
Amazon Security is looking for a Software Development Engineer (SDE) who is excited about designing and building services that solve complex, ambiguous problems at the scale of the entire Amazon cloud. This role will become part of a team creating a service that will lay the foundation for next generation security capabilities. An SDE on the team will contribute to the design and implementation of a highly scalable and available service from end-to-end, and will raise the bar for quality and delivery through within the team and across the organization. This is a highly visible role within a highly visible program at AWS and is one which provides significant opportunity to think big and deliver secure solutions for our customers.
The team of engineers you will be joining is investing heavily in cloud-native and containerized technologies and has a strong focus on designing architectures which use purpose-driven compute and storage solutions that solve complex problems. We also own all parts of our service from beginning to end, including data pipelines and processing, analytics, and the interfaces our customers use, and we place a high value on collaboration and imagination in defining and creating our solutions. Therefore, you will have considerable opportunities to Learn and Be Curious and Invent and Simplify while Delivering Results that have an impact for customers across all of Amazon.
Remote Work Options Available
We value your time to innovate and recognize the need for heads down time to focus on a build. We also value in-person collaboration and time spent face-to-face. Our team affords engineers with options to work in the office every day or work remotely in a flexible hybrid schedule.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at Amazon, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Key job responsibilities
- Contribute to the technical strategy for the service, including the design of architecture and code
- Create working software which delivers simple solutions to complex problems, from prototype through delivery
- Perform meaningful and timely code reviews
- Collaborate with team members to identify process improvements and define and communicate best practices
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science (or related field) or equivalent industry experience
- 6+ years of professional software development experience with at least one modern programming language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 3+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines, and reporting
- Knowledge of secure coding practices.
- Knowledge of static code analysis tools and techniques.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
- Experience with distributed computing and enterprise-wide systems, ideally hosted through Amazon Security
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Our inclusive culture empowers Amazonians to deliver the best results for our customers. If you have a disability and need an adjustment during the application and hiring process, including support for the interview or onboarding process, please contact the Applicant-Candidate Accommodation Team (ACAT), Monday through Friday from 7:00 am GMT – 4:00 pm GMT. If calling directly from the United Kingdom, please dial +44 800 086 9884 (tel:+448000869884). If calling from Ireland, please dial +353 1800 851 489 (tel:+3531800851489).
Company – Amazon Dev Centre (London) Ltd
Job ID: A2245004