About the job
The Devices and Services (D&S) Trust & Security team works to ensure that our devices and services are designed and implemented to the high standards required to maintain and enhance customer trust. Security and Privacy are paramount to maintaining trust and we need to continue to build trusted products, maintain and operate trusted environments, and advocate trust to customers and stakeholders. The team develops security automation for devices & services, performs penetration testing, and handles and tracks incident responses to resolution. The Trust team is responsible for enabling business growth and innovation while honoring data policies and controls that help protect customer trust. We are responsible for defining and executing on the security and privacy requirements across the entire organization.
Are you interested in being part of a top-notch offensive security team covering Amazon devices (including Kindle, FireTV, Halo health band, Astro robots, Kuiper Satellites and ecosystem, Echo family of devices, etc.) and services providing exciting experiences to customers? If you want to keep customers data safe through creative innovations, we have a job for you!
A day in the life
As An Offensive Security Engineer, You Will
- Support and operate on offensive security “Red Team” campaigns of our products, systems and processes to improve our ability to protect, detect and respond to adversaries and protect our customers
- Develop innovative and scalable tools, solutions, and processes to enhance the team’s velocity and scale to Ring and Amazon needs
- Communicate with partner teams and technology leaders to prioritize and execute remediation plans
- Effectively collaborate in a fast-paced environment with multiple teams in a large organization (threat intelligence, incident response, software development, QA, Project/Release Management, Build and Release, etc.).
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of experience in multiple security engineering disciplines (red teaming, penetration testing, security operations, application security, fuzz testing, etc.)
- Experience with Windows, Linux, and MacOS operating systems
- Master’s degree or advanced technical degree
- Experience running Red Team or penetration testing campaigns in large, complex organizations
- Excellent communication and data presentation skills that allow you to clearly, compellingly, and effectively influence audiences internally and externally, across organizational boundaries
- Deep knowledge of at least one scripting language (Python, Perl, Ruby, etc.)
- Deep knowledge of Cloud security principles (preferably AWS)
- Experience in automation via scripting and configuration management tools (Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Salt, CloudFormation, Terraform)
- Security testing tools including Cobalt Strike, C2 infrastructure, Nmap, Burp Suite, etc
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Our inclusive culture empowers Amazonians to deliver the best results for our customers. If you have a disability and need an adjustment during the application and hiring process, including support for the interview or onboarding process, please contact the Applicant-Candidate Accommodation Team (ACAT), Monday through Friday from 7:00 am GMT – 4:00 pm GMT. If calling directly from the United Kingdom, please dial +44 800 086 9884 (tel:+448000869884). If calling from Ireland, please dial +353 1800 851 489 (tel:+3531800851489).
Company – Amazon Dev Centre (London) Ltd
Job ID: A2173376