About the job
Do you have a strategic and entrepreneurial mindset with an enthusiasm to solve problems and find solutions for Amazon Business customers? Do you see opportunities to change and shape payments landscape to build and scale businesses?
Over the past 20 years, Amazon has reinvented on behalf of the consumer providing great products, selection and convenience. As part of that mission, we want to delight Amazon’s business customers by building financial service experiences that are trusted, valued and easy to use from anywhere in any way. Therefore, we are looking for a strategic and analytical Senior Finance Analyst with demonstrated ability to effectively manage finances of a high-growth business.
We seek a Senior Finance Analyst to be a key member of the Business Payments finance team. The person would play a key role in driving our high-conviction strategic projects and would work as co-pilot in delivering the business results and will own the P&L for these projects. This includes, among other things, responsibility for financial metrics, reporting, forecasting and to help business in decision support through data analysis & business insight
Key job responsibilities
The Successful Candidate Will Be Strategic, Comfortable In Agile Start-up Type Environment And Have The Demonstrated Ability To Effectively Manage Finances Of a High-growth Business Including
- Performing financial reporting, ad-hoc business analyses and financial modelling. Presenting recommendations to business leadership on strategic decisions and planned future initiatives
- Provide controllership to the business and build processes that augments transparency and improves controls.
- Facilitate financial reviews with business group and work with business leaders to ensure effective finance and cost management.
- Work closely with the business team to drive critical business goals like vendor terms improvement (margins/ credit), operational costs and contribute to Free cash flows
- Manage financial planning and analysis, forecasting product lines using the key input levers to the business.
- Facilitate weekly/ monthly/ quarterly reviews with data analysis and follow through with category leader on actionable items for improving business metrics over a period of time
- Work with accounting team to drive monthly, quarterly and annual financial-book close process for the category.
- Perform ad-hoc business analyses, and financial modelling. Present recommendations to senior management on strategic decisions and planned future initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree with several years of financial analysis experience
- Ability to think strategically whilst being results-oriented, highly energetic, dynamic individual with hands-on mentality
- Advanced analytical skills and the ability to get into the details, while also seeing and understanding the big picture
- Ability to work independently with staff at all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated experience of successfully driving complex projects.
- Demonstrated ability to deal with ambiguity and rapidly changing operating conditions while still delivering to expectations.
- Strong interpersonal skills emphasizing written and oral communication
- Demonstrated ability to build and manage financial models for business forecasting, variance analysis, and problem solving
- Industry experience in e-commerce, payments, retail a plus
- Advanced Excel and analysis skills
- Experience with SQL is a strong plus
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Company – Amazon UK Services Ltd.
Job ID: A2154496