About the job
Are you Customer Obsessed and want to help Amazon use the voice of our customers to drive change? Amazon Customer Service (CS) supports our global customers with more than 100K CSAs from 153 sites across 40 countries in 19 languages! This team receives customer feedback first hand and finance is key assessing and prioritizing these opportunities. Join us in our effort to provide the best possible customer experience in the most efficient manner.
The pace and growth of the business along with its increasing complexity, make this role an exciting, interesting, and very challenging proposition. As such it will require an individual who is motivated to make a big impact by thinking both locally and globally. The ideal candidate will be a creative and analytical problem solver who is comfortable in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. This customer focused experience opens up several career opportunities across Amazon including advancement opportunities within CS or Amazon finance, to lead CS operational teams, or to develop deeper technical skills as a Business Intelligence Engineer.
Our Shipping and Delivery Support (SDS) organization currently has an opening for a Senior Finance Analyst to support our worldwide Operations, Program, and Product teams. You will join a team of financial analysts while working alongside our Customer Service and Transportation partners around the world, and will play a key role communicating results to leadership, surfacing opportunities to reduce cost and innovate, manage projects, and help take the Finance team to the next level. You will work hard, but we promise you will have fun!
Key job responsibilities
- Partners with Customer Service operations leadership for MENA and IN/PHP.
- Use solid financial knowledge and business acumen to build financial models, interpret data, draw conclusions, and make recommendations that deliver results, drive improvements, and influence leaders throughout Amazon. These decisions can have global impact.
- Delivers weekly/monthly financial close. Uses financial systems and advanced MSExcel functions to work with large data sets. Outputs plans, forecasts, budgets, and consolidations.
- Creates effective business partnerships, manages competing priorities, and provides guidance based on data analysis during unexpected events.
- Uses active listening skills intuitively to communicate data (both written and verbal) in a clear, concise, and unambiguous manner. Adjusts style for various audiences to articulate complex finance issues clearly.
- BA/BS/MBA in Finance, Accounting, Business, and/or similar discipline with analytical bias
- Finance experience or a related analytical field
- Experience working with large-scale data mining and reporting tools (i.e. SQL, CS Insights and/or Cognos) and other financial systems (i.e. Oracle, Hyperion), providing solutions based on results of ad hoc analyses to senior management for strategic decision-making
- Demonstrated effective communication and presentation skills working with multiple peer groups and senior levels of management
- Highly analytical, detail oriented and strong business sense; proven ability to manage new ideas and creative solutions
- Ability to manage tight deadlines, prioritize workload and achieve effective results in a fast-paced, dynamic, ever-growing and often ambiguous environment
- Have ability to build, manage and maintain models for problem solving, variance analysis, and forecasting
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Our inclusive culture empowers Amazonians to deliver the best results for our customers. If you have a disability and need an adjustment during the application and hiring process, including support for the interview or onboarding process, please contact the Applicant-Candidate Accommodation Team (ACAT), Monday through Friday from 7:00 am GMT – 4:00 pm GMT. If calling directly from the United Kingdom, please dial +44 800 086 9884 (tel:+448000869884). If calling from Ireland, please dial +353 1800 851 489 (tel:+3531800851489).
Company – Amazon EU SARL (UK Branch)
Job ID: A2239947