About the job
In this role, you will be the driving force that collaborates with accounting statutory and compliance teams and technical teams around the globe to deliver world class solutions that are highly scalable, secure, and flexible – all while maintaining a strong customer focus. You will work with stakeholders and multiple global accounting teams to identify, define, and specify solutions meeting our customers’ needs. This role concentrates on automation of Compliance reporting.
The ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced environment, relishes working with ambiguity, big data, and enjoys the challenges of highly complex business context. This role requires an individual with excellent analytical abilities, deep knowledge of business intelligence solutions, and the ability to quickly learn, adapt and work with a variety of technologies.
Key job responsibilities
- Act as the point of contact between accounting, tax and Fintech teams.
- Work closely with other functional and system teams to understand impacts of changes as a result of automations, process changes and communicate the relevant tax and accounting.
- Writing country specific Business Requirement documents having the necessary scope, requirements and answers to various frequently asked questions out tech automation partner may have. Work with our tech partners on the effective delivery of the project milestones.
- Ability to drive standardization and continuous improvement of processes and controls to obtain the highest integrity of financial reporting (US and local GAAP) and tax compliance.
- Experience in delivering on compliance reporting for a variety of Governments.
- Anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints
- Create, maintain and disseminate project information to stakeholders
- Minimum 6+ years of experience with an emphasis on accounting, preferably gained within a Big Four firm and / or a multinational organization;
- Excellent communication skills with fluent English;
- Proficient Microsoft Excel user.
- Ability to communicate effectively (verbally/written) with technical and non-technical stakeholders at various levels, from operational roles to executive leadership.
- Demonstrated ability to navigate ambiguous requests and manage multiple competing priorities, prioritizing effectively and independently in a fast-paced environment
- University degree in Accounting or Finance;
- ACCA, ACA, CPA or CIMA qualification;
- Experienced ERP user;
- Working experience with US GAAP / IFRS.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Our inclusive culture empowers Amazonians to deliver the best results for our customers. If you have a disability and need an adjustment during the application and hiring process, including support for the interview or onboarding process, please contact the Applicant-Candidate Accommodation Team (ACAT), Monday through Friday from 7:00 am GMT – 4:00 pm GMT. If calling directly from the United Kingdom, please dial +44 800 086 9884 (tel:+448000869884). If calling from Ireland, please dial +353 1800 851 489 (tel:+3531800851489).
Company – Amazon UK Services Ltd.
Job ID: A2270018