About the job
Entering the business to business (B2B) market segment is one of Amazon’s most exciting growth opportunities. We launched Amazon Business (AB) in 2015 and are now serving more than 5 million business accounts worldwide. We are growing fast, and require talented Finance professionals to help us scale.
AB Finance offers a rich learning experience and an opportunity to develop professionally. We are a young business, and you will have the opportunity to lead on decisions which have long-term strategic impact, and which deliver actionable insight that help us accelerate growth. You will work closely with business partners, gain exposure to senior leaders, and become a subject matter expert in the B2B segment.
Amazon seeks a Senior Financial Analyst to support our EU commercial, public sector and strategic teams. This position will support business growth by building structures and providing financial oversight, insightful analysis, and decision support in this rapidly evolving space. You will work closely with leadership to create and deliver innovative solutions and programs for acquiring new customers and scaling our customer base. The position will also work on finance projects intended to drive free cash flow within Amazon Business.
Key job responsibilities
Primary Responsibilities Include
The successful candidate will be a self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity and who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment.
- Analysing data to deliver actionable insights to support growth of the business
- Recommend, develop, and implement policies and programs that guide the organization in maintaining and improving its competitive position and profitability
- Lead the monthly financial close, forecasting, and reporting processes
- Proven ability to manage competing priorities & providing level-headed guidance during unexpected events
- Work with your business partners to benchmark and develop financial reports and standards for performance measurement
- 5+ years’ of experience in finance or a related analytical field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- BA/BS or professional qualification in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, or a highly analytical field
- Experience working analytical and reporting tools (e.g. Excel, SQL, Cognos, etc…) and providing recommendations based on results of ad hoc analyses to management for strategic decision-making
- Demonstrated financial acumen and analytical experience delivering forecasting, budgeting, and variance analysis, and data interpretation of business impact and results
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Our inclusive culture empowers Amazonians to deliver the best results for our customers. If you have a disability and need an adjustment during the application and hiring process, including support for the interview or onboarding process, please contact the Applicant-Candidate Accommodation Team (ACAT), Monday through Friday from 7:00 am GMT – 4:00 pm GMT. If calling directly from the United Kingdom, please dial +44 800 086 9884 (tel:+448000869884). If calling from Ireland, please dial +353 1800 851 489 (tel:+3531800851489).
Company – Amazon EU SarL (GBP)
Job ID: A2072419