About the job
Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our Leadership Principles, which encourage colleagues to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn the trust of their co-workers. We believe that building a culture that is welcoming and inclusive is integral to people doing their best work and is essential to what we can achieve as a company. We welcome candidates from diverse backgrounds to build a supportive and inclusive workplace. We take steps to ensure our colleagues have a sense of belonging, value, and opportunity. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits to all employees and we will support flexible work and part-time options wherever we can to suit your lifestyle. You can read more about Diversity and inclusion and the benefits we offer at aboutamazon.com.
Do you want to be on the ground floor of the next billion dollar business at Amazon? Amazon Go Technologies is building the future of autonomous retail and we are looking for a Senior Financial Analyst to join our European Finance team. This is a unique opportunity to partner with the sales and business development teams while also partnering across multiple teams to drive customer adoption of the technology and store launches. The ideal candidate will be comfortable in a fast-paced and ambiguous environment, and will be a creative and analytical problem solver.
Key job responsibilities
This role has scope to evolve and grow as the business expands. Initial responsibilities will span across the following themes:
- Enthusiastically contributing to our team’s culture of knowledge sharing. Fostering a shared understanding of finance performance drivers across a growing business team.
- Defining pricing and commercial terms for new customers, in partnership with Business Development.
- Supporting implementation teams through delivery of new stores, including budgeting for capital expense, labour and operating expenses.
- Developing financial forecasts to support near-term budgeting and long term strategic planning
- Establishing reporting frameworks to track performance against plan and guide decision making
- Enabling Finance to focus time on supporting business partners by designing BAU tools and processes to be automated and scalable from the start
- Experience gained through analytically focused Finance roles within a commercial or consultancy setting.
- Demonstrated expertise building financial models and processes using MS Excel. Experience using PowerBI / PowerQuery is an advantage.
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills.
- Strong report writing skills.
- Excellent analytical skills and a passion for metrics and data. Ability to get into the details, while also seeing and understanding the bigger commercial picture.
- Demonstrated bias for action and ability to prioritise effectively – managing delivery across multiple projects within work-life-harmony norms.
- Ability to invent and simplify processes and put in place tools to create efficiency and automation. By investing to reduce manual effort associated with BAU we gain more scope to focus on supporting business partners!
- Ambitious, wants to succeed and be part of a great team.
- Bachelor’s degree and relevant finance accounting qualification (ACA, CIMA, ACCA) preferred
- Knowledge of SQL, plus data visualization packages such as Tableau/QuickSight
- Previous pricing experience in a B2B / SAAS setting
- Audit or controllership experience
- Program Management experience to build processes, roadmaps, and establish clear program success targets
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Our inclusive culture empowers Amazonians to deliver the best results for our customers. If you have a disability and need an adjustment during the application and hiring process, including support for the interview or onboarding process, please contact the Applicant-Candidate Accommodation Team (ACAT), Monday through Friday from 7:00 am GMT – 4:00 pm GMT. If calling directly from the United Kingdom, please dial +44 800 086 9884 (tel:+448000869884). If calling from Ireland, please dial +353 1800 851 489 (tel:+3531800851489).
Company – Amazon EU SARL (UK Branch)
Job ID: A2098562