About the job
Amazon SMB Financing is expanding with the ambition to provide the world’s best-in-class customer experience, product solutions and credit products to our customers. Amazon’s Fintech lender, Amazon SMBF, seeks a Senior Finance Analyst to be key member supporting growth in the EU and new projects. In this role, you will own EU SMBF and the new product portfolio, working with a global lending team to drive meaningful growth. The team supports the Global Business Payments organization which provides working capital solutions to Sellers and Business-to-Business buyers so that they can invest to grow their businesses.
This includes building the business’ view of the financial modelling and reporting, partnering with machine learning and business teams and scaling the business amongst other topics. This role is cross functional, you will partner closely with finance, treasury, accounting, and product teams to better understand the customer journey, gather best practices, conduct analysis and ultimately determine how to apply these learnings at scale. You will dive deep into data to analyze and propose customer eligibility criteria, understanding effectiveness and performance while working across the organization to meet business growth objectives.
We are seeking an innovative, results-oriented, customer-centric senior financial analyst to join our team in Seattle to drive initiatives working with product and program managers, credit risk management, fintech workflows, and ML-based financing products.
This candidate will be responsible to manage cross-functional projects/goals. Defines program requirements and drives team(s)/partners to meet goals. They accelerate progress by driving timely decisions, are able to spot risks, ask the right questions. Clears blockers, escalates appropriately. Makes trade-offs: time vs. quality vs. resources.
Key job responsibilities
- Provide strategic partnership to Consumer Payments, SMB Financing, AWS stakeholders and other stakeholders as needed.
- Drive Project Sesame launch and expansion.
- Define and own performance metrics and reporting requirements to ensure portfolio health. Leverage insights to inform program modifications.
- Partner and collaborate with Finance, Sales, Operations, Economists and other key stakeholder groups at all levels of the organization; influence effectively across all areas and levels of the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree w/ several years of financial analysis experience
- Advanced analytical skills and the ability to get into the details, while also seeing and understanding the big picture
- Demonstrated experience of successfully driving complex projects
- Comfortable working independently in a fast-paced environment
- Strong written and oral communication skills combined with the ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workloads
- An understanding of finance issues in an operational environment of rapid growth
- Solid business judgment and controllership focus
- Strong financial modelling skills, including good knowledge of SQL and excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Our inclusive culture empowers Amazonians to deliver the best results for our customers. If you have a disability and need an adjustment during the application and hiring process, including support for the interview or onboarding process, please contact the Applicant-Candidate Accommodation Team (ACAT), Monday through Friday from 7:00 am GMT – 4:00 pm GMT. If calling directly from the United Kingdom, please dial +44 800 086 9884 (tel:+448000869884). If calling from Ireland, please dial +353 1800 851 489 (tel:+3531800851489).
Company – Amazon Payments UK Limited
Job ID: A2224397