About the job
Front Office Software Analyst
As a Barclays Front Office Software Analyst, you will be joining the Markets Pre-Trade team within the Functions technology area. You will be instrumental in implementing your subject matter expertise in trade management systems for a global technology team. Working in a scrum of 4 to 6 team members comprised of developers, business analysts and testers, you will utilize Java, Spring Framework and SQL development best practices to build manageable, scalable, and high-performance code.
Barclays is one of the world’s largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality, and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognizes and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a career, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life. If you would like some flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager, and your request will be reviewed subject to business needs.
We are currently in the early stages of implementing a hybrid working environment, which means that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. We’re flexible on how this works and it may continue to change and evolve. Depending on your team, typically this means that colleagues spend a minimum of between 20% to 60% of their time in the office, which could be over a week, a month, or a quarter. However, some colleagues may choose to spend more time in the office over a typical period than their role type requires. We also have a flexible working process where, subject to business needs, all colleagues globally can request work patterns to reflect their personal circumstances. Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
What will you be doing?
- Participating across the full development lifecycle with project managers
- Participating with business analysts, senior developers, and testers
- Collaborating on delivery of requested changes
- Understanding business requirements
- Developing suitable technical solutions and executing the necessary code changes needed
- Executing, testing, and writing unit/continuous integration tests to prove both the success of changes and avoid regression
- Contributing to discussions regarding system architecture and improvement of processes
- Participating with L3 Support
What We’re Looking For
- Exposure within Java, Spring Framework with 3+ years programming experience, reading, writing, and debugging multi-threaded code
- Proven ability to work in a team environment with experience in the full Software Development Lifecycle
- Exposure in writing SQL queries, stored procedures, functions, and views.
- Exposure within SDLC methodology
Skills That Will Help You In The Role
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Communication and stakeholder management skills
- Ability to write clean, easy to understand code
- Ability to work within a global team alongside other developers
Where will you be working?
Our new state-of-the-art Campus, right in the heart of Glasgow is a hub of creative collaboration. A place where everyone can bring their true selves to work and reach their full potential. Home to 5,000 of our colleagues, our Tradeston campus will support the community in more ways than one – by creating thousands of new career opportunities and celebrating local artists. A short walk from Central Station on the south of the Clyde, it will be a key location for the Barclays business that will deepen our ties with the city and its communities.