About the job
As a Barclays Developer, you will be responsible for delivering an end-to-end Technology service for Personal and Corporate Banking, driving digital simplification and mass automation. The purpose of this role will be working with back-end software projects development within AWS cloud environment, but it is not limited to only this scope and may include other related to software development assignments.
Barclays is one of the world’s largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
We are currently in the early stages of implementing a hybrid working environment, which means that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. We’re flexible on how this works and it may continue to change and evolve. Depending on your team, typically this means that colleagues spend a minimum of between 20% to 60% of their time in the office, which could be over a week, a month or a quarter. However, some colleagues may choose to spend more time in the office over a typical period than their role type requires. We also have a flexible working process where, subject to business needs, all colleagues globally are able to request work patterns to reflect their personal circumstances
Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
What will you be doing?
- Involved in various software development projects
- Liaising with key stakeholders
- Applying code quality and risk management standard practices
- Providing existing software support, including production support
- Ensuring that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Risk Management Framework and Barclays policies
What We’re Looking For
- An understanding of core Java 8+
- An understanding of Java based frameworks like Spring
- Awareness of any of the following build tools such as Gradle / Maven, Git, Jenkins, Nexus, Sonarqube etc
- Basic understanding of RESTFul APIs
Skills That Will Help You In The Role
- Experience with Go, Python and node.js will be a plus
- Experience of using AWS environment and DevOps skills
- Strong Java skills and Server less micro services
- AWS Certified cloud practitioner or developer
Where will you be working?
The Barclays Technology Campus, just outside Manchester, is our transatlantic tech command centre for information security in the UK. It’s the vital strategic powerhouse behind our global operations. Radbroke is a place where big ideas become realities. Where the talent in the world can build careers full of scope, variety and reward, by creating the technical solutions that meet today’s demands, answer tomorrow’s questions and redefine the future of finance.