About the job
As a Barclays Developer, you will be working on the Barclays UK Branch Accounting Mainframe team at Barclays Technology Centre, Radbroke. You will be contributing to the software development for one or more applications / products across the detailed design, build and unit test phases of the lifecycle and maintaining a technical understanding of a component or sub-component within an application / product, providing support for technical queries, live incidents and problems.
Barclays is one of the world’s largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
We are currently operating in a hybrid working environment, meaning that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
What will you be doing?
- Reviewing Technical Feasibility Studies (TFS) for projects that impact applications / products within domain, and assess potential impact
- Reviewing Advice and Guidance (A&G) documents and project Plan and Estimates (P&Es) that impact applications / products within domain, and assess potential impact
- Solving software-related problems, providing analysis and recommendations as appropriate
- Developing an awareness of new tools, processes and technical developments relevant to component area of expertise
- Reviewing business requirements to understand how system requirements fit within overall business solution
- Reviewing requirements to ensure that all areas of functional and non-functional requirements (e.g. capacity, availability, response times, etc.) have been considered
What We’re Looking For
- Proven experience of Mainframe application development
- High level of experience of IT software development
- Extensive proven experience of IBM Mainframe development
Skills That Will Help You In The Role
- End-to-end software development lifecycle
- Software development methodologies, e.g. waterfall, agile
- Awareness of leading-edge tools, techniques and services within Mainframe IT, e.g. Compuware Topaz, Expeditor
Where will you be working?
The Barclays Technology Campus, just outside Manchester, is our transatlantic tech command centre for information security in the UK. It’s the vital strategic powerhouse behind our global operations. Radbroke is a place where big ideas become realities. Where the talent in the world can build careers full of scope, variety and reward, by creating the technical solutions that meet today’s demands, answer tomorrow’s questions and redefine the future of finance.