About the job
As a Barclays Developer you will be joining Reference Data Team within Markets Post-Trade Business area. You will be instrumental in implementing the development and maintenance of systems for managing Counterparty, Client and Account Reference Data within Barclays.
Barclays is one of the world’s largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
We are currently operating in a hybrid working environment, meaning that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager
What will you be doing?
- Understanding the overall system design and is able to contribute to the system architecture
- Identifying and implementing major improvements to existing procedures and team processes to enhance efficiency
- Writing well structured, high quality and performing code
- Providing accurate estimates for assigned work
- Identifying and escalating issues and risks in a timely manner to the development/project manager so that project risk can be mitigated with minimal impact
- Working closely with team members in London, New York and Pune (India) – participating in and contributing to technical discussions
- Communicating effectively with business analysts, project managers and testers, understanding detailed business requirements at all stages of the development lifecycle
- Analysing functional requirements and translate them into technical design and accurate estimates
What We’re Looking For
- Experience with Middle MSSQL T-SQL skills
- Solid knowledge of .Net, .NET Core and C#
- knowledge of Object Oriented Programming, exposure to design patterns
- Strong Knowledge of Elastic Search, MongoDB, Kafka
Skills That Will Help You In The Role
- Ability to communicate with the stakeholders, understand business requirements and translate them into technical specifications
- Knowledge of source control tools, full knowledge of the software development life cycle
- Exposure with work in a virtual team, across boundaries
- Ability to self-learn
Where will you be working?
5 North Colonnade is home to our investment bank and is in the heart of Canary Wharf, just a short walk from our headquarters at Churchill Place. It boasts an array of onsite amenities such as dry cleaner as well as a deli and buffet style staff restaurant. The building is easily accessible by tube, docklands light railway and all major bus links. The atmosphere is second to none with a real buzz being created around the offices within.