About the job
As a Barclays Developer, you will be joining the team at an exciting time. The team is responsible for development & maintenance of in-house software products and participation in the Agile SCRUM process to ensure software deliverables meets business requirements. You will work with the team to define best coding practices and help ensure these are adhered to via code-reviews.
Barclays is one of the world’s largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
This opportunity is location flexible. We will consider requests for locating the role at an alternative Barclays’ key UK office from that advertised.
We are currently operating in a hybrid working environment, meaning that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
What Will You Be Doing
- You will be developing and maintaining good relationships with the application support teams to ensure effective delivery of projects into the production environment
- You will ensure that the code meets quality standards (through Checklists) and coverage as measured by code reviews & unit tests (at 90%), Sonar Static code analysis
- You will be a key member within one of the agile feature teams, taking the lead on API development for that team
- You will be contributing towards API best practice across all the feature teams
- Supporting and mentoring junior colleagues, including graduates, interns and higher apprentices
- You will be identifying own and others’ development needs and seeking opportunities to address these needs through guidance, coaching and formal training
What We’re Looking For
- Practical experience working with REST API, GraphQL, KAFKA and MongoDB
- Practical experience working with Spring boot, Java, Gradle, DevOps Pipelines
- Experience in working with AWS services like (but not limited to) – ECS, EC2, Lambda, Step Functions, ElastiCache, APIGW, NLB’s ALB’s
- Knowledge of Microservices and Event Driven architecture & core java concepts
Skills That Will Help You In The Role
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision and help the development team on technical expertise
- Pioneering – High level of initiative/innovation
- Flexible and adaptable working style to work with multiple stakeholders
- AWS Certifications
Where will you be working?
Northampton was the birthplace of Barclaycard in 1966 and we’ve been based in Pavilion Drive since the building opened in 1997. We purchased the building from the landlord in early 2018 as a sign of our commitment to investment in Northampton. Plans to further develop this Campus-style location are under way to allow for a real collaborative work environment. Based just off the A45 it is easily accessible by both car and bus routes.