About the job
As a Barclays Developer, you will be developing systems that are responsible for the development and support of loan origination, capture and servicing applications. You will be building the infrastructure and integration landscape for a market-leading Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning tool. Contributing through the development and implementation stages of this programme, helping to build the infrastructure and interfaces that will support the business in this exciting first step in AI/ML.
Barclays is one of the world’s largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
What will you be doing?
- Developing the infrastructure designed to support the AI software
- Keeping all components updated in line with Barclays Technology Standards
- Ensuring all activities are carried out to full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies / Standards
- Building and maintaining CI/CD pipelines in support of testing and containerised hosting
- Demonstrating the Continuous Improvement mindset, looking for opportunities to improve the functionality that AI can bring to the business
- Working with the project team to help develop solutions to solve business and technology issues
What We’re Looking For
- Previous experience working with DEVOps
- Experience of technologies, including SQL, Relational Databases and Restful API
- Java Server development skills
- Willingness to participate in development sessions, including cloud technologies and containerised deployment tools (e.g. aPaaS, OpenShift, Docker, Kubernetes)
Skills That Will Help You In The Role
- Experience with modern code quality strategies such as TDD, SonarQube, Veracode and Unix shell scripting skills
- Experience of working in an IT project environment preferably in banking or financial sector with some experience with/understanding of AI/ML technologies
Where will you be working?
Northampton was the birthplace of Barclaycard in 1966 and we’ve been based in Pavilion Drive since the building opened in 1997. This state-of-the art energy efficient building holds up to 2,500 staff. The office location is perfect for travel from the midlands and London alike as we are based just off the A45, it is easily accessible by both car and bus routes.