About the job
As a Barclays Developer you will be joining our Reference Data Team within Markets Post Trade Business area. With your skills and expertise, you will be instrumental in implementing the development and maintenance of systems for managing Counterparty, Client and Account Reference Data within Barclays. Our applications provide “golden source” data to over 200 other systems in the Bank.
Barclays is one of the world’s largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
We are currently operating in a hybrid working environment, meaning that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
What will you be doing?
- Understanding the overall system design and contributing to the system architecture
- Being responsible for a significant area of code as part of the project remit
- Leading the allocated project and small team of developers
- Identifying and implementing major improvements to existing procedures and team processes to enhance efficiency
- Writing well structured, high quality and performing code
- Providing accurate estimates for assigned work
- Identifying and escalating issues and risks in a timely manner to the development/ project manager so that project risk can be mitigated with minimal impact
- Working closely with team members in London, New York and Pune (India) – participating in and contributing to technical discussions
What We’re Looking For
- Advanced MSSQL T-SQL skills
- Excellent knowledge of .Net, .NET Core and C#
- Good knowledge of Object Oriented Programming, exposure to design patterns
- Experience communicating with stakeholders, understanding business requirements and translating them into technical specifications
Skills That Will Help You In The Role
- Knowledge of Elastic Search, MongoDB, Kafka
- Good Knowledge of React and Typescript
- Ability to self-learn
- Knowledge of source control tools, full knowledge of the software development life cycle
Where will you be working?
5 North Colonnade is home to our investment bank and is in the heart of Canary Wharf, just a short walk from our headquarters at Churchill Place. It boasts an array of onsite amenities such as dry cleaner as well as a deli and buffet style staff restaurant. The building is easily accessible by tube, docklands light railway and all major bus links. The atmosphere is second to none with a real buzz being created around the offices within.