About the job
As a Barclays DevOps Engineer, you will be working on building a cutting edge cloud native, micro service / service mesh based API platform and the pipeline’s for APIs which are deployed into the platform. You will be working in a Kanban / agile teams with developers and Test Automation Engineers
Barclays is one of the world’s largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
We are currently operating in a hybrid working environment, meaning that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
What will you be doing?
- Write detailed stories for DevOps elements within the platform road map
- Participate in agile ceremonies providing story points and estimates for tasks
- Create DevOps scripts using Jenkins, Gradle, Open Shift and other DevOps related technology
- Work with Java Developers and Automation Test Engineers to implement complete CI/CD pipelines
- Execute deployments of applications into Test & production environments
- Integrate monitoring and logging tools within the pipeline
- Incorporate static code analysis tools into the pipeline
- Ensure activities and duties are carried out in compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards
What We’re Looking For
- Jenkins pipeline & Jenkins file development
- Cloud deployments, kubernetes & AWS
- Nexus / Artifactory integration with Jenkins
Skills That Will Help You In The Role
- Shell scripting
- Groovy / YAML
- Netflix cloud tools
Where will you be working?
You will be based in Radbroke, Knutsford. The Barclays Technology Campus just outside Manchester is our tech command centre and a vital strategic powerhouse behind our global operations. The campus is set in a 64-acre self-contained site, in a beautiful green environment and it offers unrivalled facilities for work and for play. We have an onsite gym, as well as outdoor tennis, football and cricket areas, as well as onsite restaurant and coffee shops.