About the job
As a Barclays DevOps Engineer, you will be responsible for ensuring maximum availability of test environment for the testing team. This includes but not limited to leading a team to resolve infrastructure and test environment issues and to lead when resolving environment issues in Testing. You will also facilitate the L2 team in Production Lead by example in defining standards and processes to improve efficiency in delivery.
Barclays is one of the world’s largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognizes and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a career, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life.
We are currently in the early stages of implementing a hybrid working environment, which means that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. We’re flexible on how this works and it may continue to change and evolve. Depending on your team, typically this means that colleagues spend a minimum of between 20% to 60% of their time in the office, which could be over a week, a month or a quarter. However, some colleagues may choose to spend more time in the office over a typical period than their role type requires. We also have a flexible working process where, subject to business needs, all colleagues globally are able to request work patterns to reflect their personal circumstances Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
What will you be doing?
- Working closely with the leadership teams and undertake ownership and implement Support initiatives
- Implementing processes and ensure best practices are up to date with the team
- Overseeing and Managing Support service offerings for Non -production environments
- Ensuring Environment Support processes for all activities are reviewed /updated/followed from time to time based on changing expectations
- Preserving and enhancing the knowledge base of Environment support management activities by appropriate documentations
- Ensuring no single point of failures in the team and there is continuity in providing the required services for the customers
What We’re Looking For
- Excellent organizational & communication skills
- Ability to lead a small team to deliver project initiatives
- Should be Good listener and should have the ability to work under pressure
- Attention to Details and good in reporting
Skills That Will Help You In The Role
- Knowledge of Operating Systems : Linux Redhat
- Awareness of Languages : Shell Scripting, Jenkins groovy scripts, yaml
- Previously worked with DevOps Tools : GitHub, Jenkins, Maven, Nexus, Stash, Ansible/Chef
- Knowledge of Code Analysis : Sonarqube Integratio
Where will you be working?
The Barclays Technology Campus, just outside Manchester, is our transatlantic tech command centre for information security in the UK. It’s the vital strategic powerhouse behind our global operations. Radbroke is a place where big ideas become realities. Where the talent in the world can build careers full of scope, variety and reward, by creating the technical solutions that meet today’s demands, answer tomorrow’s questions and redefine the future of finance.