About the job
Senior DevOps Engineer
As a Barclays Ops Lead, you will be part of Barclays UK Technology, which is a global team of more than 5000 Technology and Change employees that support our Personal and Corporate Banking business. Based around the world from Australia to Japan to Switzerland, we are responsible for delivering an effective end-to-end Technology service for PCB and driving digital simplification and mass automation. As an Ops Lead your overall responsibility will be to maintain and support infrastructure of cloud native credit processors for the bank.
Barclays is one of the world’s largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
What will you be doing?
- Maintaining AWS infrastructure for next generation cloud native card processor being built from scratch
- You will be responsible for creating and maintaining CI/CD pipelines to help new deployments, uptime, health, performance and capacity of our AWS cloud infrastructure
- Participating in a 24/7 rotation with geographically distributed coworkers
- Working closely with development teams and Infrastructure Engineering teams to automate and create pipelines for smooth Cloud SRE Operations
- Ensuring all activities are carried out in compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Standards
- Providing leadership and direction to the Delivery teams. Handle Operational issues related to the delivery center
- Becoming the Single point of contact for delivery and act as a liaison between the Service Delivery and the Customer
- Driving and coordinating crisis management
What We’re Looking For
- Good technical experience in Java, Backend & Cloud(AWS) architecture
- Extensive hands on experience providing technical direction to development teams
- Excellent knowledge of SDLC and Architecture
- Extensive background in development and delivering complex projects throughout the lifecycle
Skills That Will Help You In The Role
- Experience in project planning and progress monitoring, including budget control and milestone control
- Creative problem solver, able to build contingency plans and handle stressful situations with professionalism
- Excellent negotiation and presentation skills
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies
Where will you be working?
The Barclays Technology Campus, just outside Manchester, is our transatlantic tech command centre for information security in the UK. It’s the vital strategic powerhouse behind our global operations. Radbroke is a place where big ideas become realities. Where the talent in the world can build careers full of scope, variety and reward, by creating the technical solutions that meet today’s demands, answer tomorrow’s questions and redefine the future of finance.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognises and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life. If you would like some flexibility, then please discuss this with the hiring manager, and your request will be reviewed subject to business needs.
We are currently in the early stages of implementing a hybrid working environment, which means that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. We’re flexible on how this works and it may continue to change and evolve. Depending on your team, typically this means that colleagues spend a minimum of between 20% to 60% of their time in the office, which could be over a week, a month or a quarter. However, some colleagues may choose to spend more time in the office over a typical period than their role type requires. We also have a flexible working process where, subject to business needs, all colleagues globally are able to request work patterns to reflect their personal circumstances
Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.