About the job
Derivatives Foreign Exchange (DFX) settlements – Risk and Control Manager
As a Barclays Derivatives Foreign Exchange (DFX) settlements – Risk and Control Manager, your Derivatives & FX Post Trade (DFX) is a key global function broadly covering Settlement of Bilateral Derivative and FX Cash transactions. You will be responsible for driving consistent, excellent performance against the Risk and Control agenda for DFX Settlements whilst ensuring alignment with business strategy. You will take the lead in helping the Global DFX Settlements team strengthen and sustain their control framework.
Barclays is one of the world’s largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
This opportunity is location flexible. We will consider requests for locating the role at an alternative Barclays’ key UK office from that advertised.
We are currently operating in a hybrid working environment, meaning that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
What will you be doing?
- Driving and overseeing effective and transparent reporting to Senior Management covering risks
- Ensuring all processes across DFX Settlements have appropriate and consistent measures in place
- Consistently evaluating and reviewing controls across the teams, to enable robust governance
- Supporting DFX Settlements in Front to Back process reviews to ensure risks are fully understood
- Representing DFX Settlements at relevant Control Forums
- Hiring, motivating and developing team members to create a high performance culture
What We’re Looking For
- Proven track record in problem solving with excellent attention to detail
- Excellent analytical skills
- Ability to make sound judgements
- Broad knowledge and ability to articulate complex problems and associated solutions
Skills That Will Help You In The Role
- You have a broad knowledge of the risk/impact and resulting in effective prioritization of remediating activity
- You are highly organized, with ability to prioritize, work under pressure and deliver to tight deadlines
- You are an excellent communicator that can challenge effectively within the interests of business goals
- You are comfortable influencing peers, stakeholders and business leadership teams
Where will you be working?
Our new state-of-the-art Campus, right in the heart of Glasgow is a hub of creative collaboration. A place where everyone can bring their true selves to work and reach their full potential. Home to 5,000 of our colleagues, our Tradeston campus will support the community in more ways than one – by creating thousands of new career opportunities and celebrating local artists. A short walk from Central Station on the south of the Clyde, it will be a key location for the Barclays business that will deepen our ties with the city and its communities.