About the job
The heartbeat of the bank
At any given moment, Barclays is a hive of activity and opportunity. A couple gets their first mortgage, or uses a credit card to finance a family vacation. In the same breath, a business agrees the asset financing for a new fleet of vehicles, or our team raises debt financing for a university’s refurbishment – such as building new accommodation or sports facilities. It’s all happening at once, every minute of the day.
To maintain that real time activity around the world, across investment, corporate and retail banking, you need smooth-running, constantly improving systems behind the scenes. Payments need to be processed. Credit card systems need to be maintained. Trades, equity transactions, debt financing – you name it – it has to be slick, effective and swiftly processed so our customers and clients receive excellent service, every time. That essential work, encompassing absolutely everything we do, is down to the Operations team. Put simply, they’re the heartbeat of the bank.
Real responsibility, right away
During Your Internship, You May
As a summer analyst, you’ll spend the summer with our team, building a solid foundation in Operations and helping the Group deliver our strategy – in the right way. You’ll join either our Global Markets Operations group or our Cards and Payments team.
- perform KYC tasks while following standard procedures related to Client Due Diligence and AML policies
- monitor real time transaction flow, trade updates and exception queues to ensure timely and accurate trade representation across systems
- work on incident, problem and change management issues to improve services across the bank
- support continuous improvement of the operational process and the development of best practices; coming up with ways to improve systems and processes
- provide support for cleared derivatives, performing perform daily reconciliation of related fees
- undertake a range of complex customer and product related processing activities.
A place where you can thrive
During The Programme, You’ll Also
At Barclays, you’ll be surrounded by people who will help you achieve your ambitions. Our collaborative, supportive environment gives you the chance to build solid relationships with senior leaders and peers alike.
- participate in formal and informal training
- connect with junior and senior mentors
- attend dedicated networking sessions and other programme events
- receive detailed performance feedback
- give back to the community through volunteer events.
And if you really impress us, this could be the beginning of an incredible career. We invite top-performing, eligible summer analysts to join us as full-time Operations analysts after graduation.
To Be Considered For This Programme, You Must
- currently be pursuing an undergraduate degree with anticipated graduation year 2024.
Ideally, You Would Also Have
- good communication skills and happy talking to anyone – turning complex data into easily understood insights
- a customer-driven attitude and an ability to quickly adapt to change and learn new technologies.
For further information about Barclays, please visit our website home.barclays
To learn more about careers at Barclays, visit search.jobs.barclays
It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.