About the job
Operations Control Manager
As a Barclays Operations Control Manager you will be working for Global Payments (GP) who are a utility service providing payments processing, monitoring, analysis and investigation services across the Barclays group. You will be accountable for providing assurance of, and maintaining, the overall effectiveness of the GP control environment. Conformance to risk policies and methodology and the application of appropriate controls and risk culture within (GP) both in the UK and globally is a must.
Barclays is one of the world’s largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
We are currently operating in a hybrid working environment, meaning that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
What will you be doing?
- Reporting the effectiveness of end-to-end control environment, including identifying, and driving the remediation of, any weaknesses or areas for improvement
- Ensuring compliance to Group and Regulatory risk policies, directives, initiatives and practices
- You will be in charge of line management of the Ops Control analysts
- Supporting the end to end audit process, being the key accountable contact for internal and external audits
- Ensuring control weaknesses are identified and remediated effectively and timely, providing an independent review and reporting function
- Owning the conduct of risk assessments, audits of processes and oversight of major risk events/incidents
- Providing and communicating accurate provision of management information together with analysis and commentary in relation to operations and risk to leadership
- Providing support in coaching and training in risk practice and methodology to increase awareness and risk ownership
What We’re Looking For
- Knowledge of Payments Operations
- Demonstrable experience of Operational Risk frameworks, policies and procedures
- Ability to interact with senior staff within the bank
- An understanding of Audit processes and procedures
Skills That Will Help You In The Role
- Experience of working within a similar role
- Basic knowledge of Project Management principles
- Line management experience
Where will you be working?
Our new state-of-the-art Campus, right in the heart of Glasgow is a hub of creative collaboration. A place where everyone can bring their true selves to work and reach their full potential. Home to 5,000 of our colleagues, our Tradeston campus will support the community in more ways than one – by creating thousands of new career opportunities and celebrating local artists. A short walk from Central Station on the south of the Clyde, it will be a key location for the Barclays business that will deepen our ties with the city and its communities.