About the job
EDP SAS Platform Engineer
Barclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
As an Enterprise Data Platform (EDP) SAS Platform Engineer, you will be responsible to support strategic application and should be highly proficient in the use of SAS technologies as this role requires the holder to be able to install, deploy and support a variety of SAS software and thus have a good understanding of Linux/AIX. Additionally, contribute to E2E designs, technical requirements and have the ability to translate these in to technical implementations based on system capabilities hosted in Linux/AWS cloud and few Barclays hosted.
We are currently operating in a hybrid working environment, meaning that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
What will you be doing?
- Working technical experience in SAS technologies in one or more – GRID, LSF, Viya(Cloud), SPDE, etc with V9.4 with experience across all SAS Applications
- Experience on Linux/AIX includind scripting and setting up automation processes
- Comprehensive knowledge of analytics, data warehousing and associated technologies
- Understanding of code and new developments at the coding level and new products for automation perspective
- Use of SAS software tools and associated technology software to design & build solutions that are portable, simple and transparent
- Knowledgeof the SAS 9.4 & above suite of software will help the person to install/configure and maintain a large diverse platform.
- Preparing technical designs and present them for review in design review forums
- Maintaining traceability of requirements & be accountable for the solution through all phases of project lifecycle (design, build testing through into implementation
What We’re Looking For
- Graduate or Post graduate in computer science or related streams.
- Experience of production support in the investment banking domain.
- Technical & hands on knowledge of SAS and associated technologies like Teradata, Hadoop and LSF.
- Experience of SAS 9.4 technologies like SMC, LSF and scripting skills.
Skills That Will Help You In The Role
- Advantageousto have SAS Certified and Linux/AIX Experience.
- Experience or understanding of platforms/applications hosted in SAS and Hadoop.
- Desirable to have Investment banking knowledge about trade life cycle, trade economics and various business.
- Ideally been involved in multiple projects involving SAS software and thus are able to see the bigger picture of what is being done and why.
Where will you be working?
Our new state-of-the-art Campus, right in the heart of Glasgow is a hub of creative collaboration. A place where everyone can bring their true selves to work and reach their full potential. Home to 5,000 of our colleagues, our Tradeston campus will support the community in more ways than one – by creating thousands of new career opportunities and celebrating local artists. A short walk from Central Station on the south of the Clyde, it will be a key location for the Barclays business that will deepen our ties with the city and its communities.