About the job
As a Barclays Salesforce Developer, you will be joining Function Technology business area, it`s a business transformation department within the Risk, Finance & Treasury, and it services a diverse range of stakeholders including HR, Financial Crime, Compliance and Central Functions. You will be responsible for owning and delivering complex solutions using Salesforce Technologies. The candidate will build customized Salesforce applications, apply technical expertise and leverage a variety of software engineering techniques.
Barclays is one of the world’s largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
We are currently operating in a hybrid working environment, meaning that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager
What will you be doing?
- Developing solutions on Salesforce for a wide variety of internal stakeholders
- Ensuring that the system accurately meets the defined expectations of the business, ensuring that proper testing is implemented, etc
- Providing level of effort estimates for the technical portion of solutions
- Delivering change work packages in time and as per acceptable quality standards
- Ensuring that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements
- Managing technical risks and issues, escalating to the Project Manager as appropriate to ensure project delivery remains on track
What We’re Looking For
- Extensive experience with Salesforce development, including Service Cloud, Community Cloud, Salesforce configurations, Apex classes and Apex Web services with certifications
- Good knowledge of the Salesforce Security model, hands on experience in Salesforce configuration / customization using Apex, Visualforce, Triggers, etc
- Experience with configuring Salesforce using out-of-box features, including flows and process builder
- Experience with integrating Salesforce.com with 3rd party applications using REST API, Middleware, etc
Skills That Will Help You In The Role
- Knowledge of the DevOps process and experience with the tools that support automation
- Quick learner; excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to deal with numerous tasks simultaneously and with frequently changing priorities
- Experience with Agile methodologies, including scrum and continuous integration environments
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision and work effectively in a team environment
Where will you be working?
Our new state-of-the-art Campus, right in the heart of Glasgow is a hub of creative collaboration. A place where everyone can bring their true selves to work and reach their full potential. Home to 5,000 of our colleagues, our Tradeston campus will support the community in more ways than one – by creating thousands of new career opportunities and celebrating local artists. A short walk from Central Station on the south of the Clyde, it will be a key location for the Barclays business that will deepen our ties with the city and its communities.