About the job
As a Barclays Solutions Architect, you will be working on the SmartPay Gateway team, alongside other architects, business and engineering colleagues, partnering with stakeholders from Barclays security, technology, operations and infrastructure teams. This is a senior level role interacting with colleagues at many levels, shaping technology roadmap, defining milestones, ensuring good governance, producing high and low-level designs, guiding technology delivery.
Barclays is one of the world’s largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
This role is suitable for dynamic working arrangements, such as flexible or compressed hours, working from home, and part-time. Please share your requirements with the hiring manager so that we can discuss during the hiring process.
What will you be doing?
- Designing technology solutions that meet business requirements
- Working with stakeholders to clarify problems and validate business needs
- Working with Barclays CTO to help establish the technology strategy and roadmap
- Evaluating and presenting alternative solution options and high-level estimates
- Ensuring that solutions adhere to Barclays standards, patterns and technology strategy
- Supporting architectural governance and work planning processes
- Optimising the use of infrastructure and technology to control total cost of ownership
- Providing mentoring, peer reviews and technical supervision for less experienced Solution Architects
What We’re Looking For
- Experience designing and delivering highly-available, commercially viable solutions in a regulated environment
- Demonstrable Understanding of architectural best practices, methods and design patterns
- Knowledge and experience of security patterns & best practices (e.g. OWASP) and standards (e.g. PCI DSS)
- Ability to describe existing technology infrastructure and good knowledge of new and emerging technologies
Skills That Will Help You In The Role
- Ability to clearly articulate problems, risks, challenges, constraints and the selling points of a solution. Great communication, listening, presentation and analytical skills
- Practical experience with architectural design patterns and concepts including MVC, layered/aggregator/chain of responsibility patterns, API gateway, microservices, etc.
- Knowledge of data management concerns including data lifecycle, classification, security, business importance, accuracy, lineage and retention
Where will you be working?
Situated in the heart of Fleet, Logic house is easily accessible by both public and personal transport. Located less than 5 minutes’ drive from the M3. Parking is provided for permanent staff based at Logic House and regular trains arrive to Fleet with the train station being directly opposite the Logic House.