About the job
Solution Architect Designer
As a Barclays Solution Architect Designer, you will be an Integral part of Corporate Data service team that provides a centre of excellence for data and integration services across Corporate Investment Banking (CIB) Technology. In this exciting opportunity you will perform end to end solution design on Corporate and Data Services projects, including user interface, technical interface and application design.
Barclays is one of the world’s largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
What you’ll be doing?
- Providing technical consultancy for new initiative, assisting in the definition of business solutions or technical data strategies
- You will be producing design artefacts such as component landscapes, flow diagrams, word documents, confluence pages to help articulate key design decisions
- Producing high level end to end design documents and providing cost and effort estimates for, and review estimates for solution development and solve complex technical problems
- Working with technology architects in the definition of product strategy and roadmaps
- Collaborating with customers, project solution architects, business analysts and developers to turn business requirements into solution designs
- Presenting complex technical ideas and persuade others to adopt the most appropriate view
- Being aware of technical constraints of the environment and architecture and reviewing component designs to ensure compatibility with the end to end system design
- Reviewing test strategies to guarantee the quality of the delivered system and assist in the diagnosis of system problems encountered during testing
What We’re Looking For
- Exposure to wide variety of technologies (e.g. API, AWS, Java, Adaptive, Responsive design)
- Extensive Technical data knowledge
- Experience with IT Architecture – Familiar with integration and implementation issues
- Solution Development – Able to create fit for purpose technology solutions
Skills That Will Help You In The Role
- Solution architect/enterprise architect training and certification e.g. TOGAF, BCS
- Ability to influence and communicate effectively with senior stakeholders
Where will you be working?
Our new state-of-the-art Campus, right in the heart of Glasgow is a hub of creative collaboration. A place where everyone can bring their true selves to work and reach their full potential. Home to 5,000 of our colleagues, our Tradeston campus will assist the community in more ways than one – by creating thousands of new career opportunities and celebrating local artists. A short walk from Central Station on the south of the Clyde, it will be a key location for the Barclays business that will deepen our ties with the city and its communities.