About the job
As a Barclays Solutions Designer, you will be working work customer facing web site components, templates, tools and features for over 50 sites and applications, you will utilise industry standard products and platforms including AWS, Docker, and target capabilities. This role is responsible for ensuring security, resilience, and controls across the web and app store apps.
Barclays is one of the world’s largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
We are currently operating in a hybrid working environment, meaning that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
What will you be doing?
- Collaborating with Digital Architecture team to contribute AEM and content integration designs into the end-to-end view
- Using the existing library of AEM patterns and practices to document and communicate effective solutions and add and update the library when needed.
- Ensuring clear definition of non-functional requirements alongside the functional
- Understanding technical constraints of the live environment and architecture and support business clients in understanding any ‘requirement versus cost’ trade-offs
- Ensuring QA testing considerations are included early in the design process
- Analysing project scoping statements, project requirements and the complete end to end solution to ensure the solution being asked for is the most appropriate. Challenge this when needed
What We’re Looking For
- Technology design either at application or infrastructure level that enables you to resolve complex business issues
- Solid experience working in designing and building solutions on the Adobe Experience Platform
- Solid skills in stakeholder management and delivery leads to build the right solution that maximises the customer and colleague experience
- Experience in AEM development experience and moved into solution design activity but still able to carry out a technical spike when required
Skills That Will Help You In The Role
- Experience working with the cloud Architectures
- Application/Infrastructure/Enterprise Architect training and certification
- Exposure to API design strategies both for internal and external customer usage
- Experience in frontend UI frameworks or full stack experience
Where will you be working?
You will be based in Radbroke, Knutsford. The Barclays Technology Campus just outside Manchester is our tech command centre and a vital strategic powerhouse behind our global operations. The campus is set in a 64-acre self-contained site, in a beautiful green environment and it offers unrivalled facilities for work and for play. We have an onsite gym, as well as outdoor tennis, football and cricket areas, as well as onsite restaurant and coffee shops.