About the job
Senior File Storage Engineer
As a Barclays Senior File Storage Engineer, you will lead building and supporting the File Storage environment primarily based on Dell EMC and NetApp Storage technology. Your role will be to ensure Service Levels are met and where necessary vendors and other support groups are managed in line with agreed to documented procedures. Our Ambition is to transform and modernise the legacy Global Storage estate to help facilitate rapidly growing the bank by delighting stakeholders, customers and clients.
What will you be doing?
- You will be a member of the Storage team in Infrastructure Services, and will will focus on engineering, design and delivery of strategic File Storage infrastructures
- Escalating 3rd Line operational support of all Storage infrastructure, technologies and services within global Barclays estate, providing support and planning
- Delivering strategic and product lifecycle updates to supported Enterprise Storage technologies in line with all current Global Storage, GTIS and Security
- You will be a Member of a global 24 X 7 on call support team providing coverage to Storage and Backup infrastructure for support escalations
- Actively reporting all projects, incidents, problems and changes being addressed to Regional and extended Global Storage Leadership team
We are currently operating in a hybrid working environment, meaning that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
What We’re Looking For
- Knowledge of scripting languages such as Python, with proven examples of service improvement or automation of Enterprise infrastructures
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to all colleagues and levels of management
- Project and Product management experience
Skills That Will Help You In The Role
- Dell EMC or NetApp Certified Professional
- Knowledge of Block and Object Storage, as well as cloud storage components
- ITIL and Service First
Where will you be working?
You will be based in Radbroke, Knutsford. The Barclays Technology Campus just outside Manchester is our tech command centre and a vital strategic powerhouse behind our global operations. The campus is set in a 64-acre self-contained site, in a beautiful green environment and it offers unrivalled facilities for work and for play. We have an onsite gym, as well as outdoor tennis, football and cricket areas, as well as onsite restaurant and coffee shops.