About the job
Combining the strengths of the UK’s most-awarded production company and a world-class distributor, BBC Studios works with the best British writers, directors and programme-makers and crafts over 2500 hours of content every year. We’re a one-stop-shop that touches every aspect of the value chain from production to exploitation – whether that’s financing or developing a show, producing it or selling it globally. And we make sure it gets to you no matter how you access it: through linear channels or digital platforms, consumer products, live events and much more. Find out more about the world class content that BBC Studios makes at bbcstudios.com
We are looking for an experienced Lead Architect to help us design and build world class systems and technology offerings to support our media supply chain globally.
Your contribution will help the BBC reach wider audiences worldwide and enable the BBC to produce more quality content it’s famous for.
This is an exciting time to join as we’re driving a large number of transformation activities; impacting all areas of the business; from production through to distribution. We are keen to get your experience to improve our agility and deal with an ever more complex and continuously changing media landscape.
- Lead the architecture function focused on BBC Studios media supply chain, supporting how we create, manage and distribute content through our production, distribution and channel areas.
- Work with business stakeholders and internal product groups to assess and understand business needs, and ensure we have the architectural strategies and roadmaps in place to support.
- Produce adaptable, scalable solution and technical architectures, covering cloud and on-premise aspects.
- Manage architect(s) within team
- Guide and architecturally support implementations via internal and external delivery mechanisms.
- Identify, develop and champion technology transformation opportunities, and support business case development.
- Maintain a good understanding of both industry and technology trends to both inform business opportunities, and influence internal and external partner roadmaps.
Are you the right candidate?
- Experience with media supply chain processes and technologies – ideally across production, distribution and channels areas
- Experience of architecting cloud platforms, and cloud platform best practices.
- Significant asset, workflow and metadata management experience.
- Strong software development and SDLC experience.
- Strong communication skills, and ability to work with business and senior stakeholders to understand needs and communicate technology options and opportunities.
- Experience of operational practices & frameworks
- Experience in driving and supporting transformational change in multiple technology and organisation environments
- Strong technical, hands-on approach, knowledge and ability,
- Awareness of financial and business implications of your architecture choices and alternatives
- Negotiating and conflict-handling skills to ensure the best outcome for the BBC in the face of complexity and uncertainty
- Understanding of security, risk and compliance frameworks, disaster recovery, high availability architectures, hardware, operating systems and networking connectivity
- Active learner, both within your technical and professional area of expertise, & taking control of your own career development
Experience in architectural frameworks and modelling tools
Contract type: Permanent Full Time
We are really proud to share that we are a Level 2 Disability Confident Employer and so if you require any reasonable adjustments in order to apply please do contact us on [email protected] with ref: BBC/TP/XXX in the subject.
We advertise all our roles on Evenbreak, the specialist job board for disabled candidates.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application . There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits – We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days (1 of which is a corporation day) with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
About The BBC
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual’s unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here