About the job
Job Req ID:
Aztec West, Bristol, United Kingdom
Competitive with great benefits
BT has a key role in British society, fostering change and leading technology innovation. From delivering the Olympics, to supporting the emergency services, to investing more into research than any other UK technology company, we take pride in everything we do – and in the people who work here.
We’re now a global company operating at the forefront of the information age, employing 90,000 people in 180 countries. And we’re on a mission. Guided by our core values of Personal, Simple and Brilliant our goal is to help customers, communities and businesses overcome barriers and release their potential.
So, if you’re interested in the power of potential, why not join us today and release yours? You can read more here about what it’s like to work at BT.
Job Title – Claims Finance Manager – Part Time Considered
About This Role
BT are recruiting for a Commissions Claims Finance Manager to join EE on a permanent basis located out of our Bristol Office. BT pays around £450m a year to partners who sell EE mobile. The complexity and bespoke nature of our commercial deals mean that partners ask us to review these payments. This role requires analysing and reconciling these review requests back to EE’s source systems, understanding the commercial arrangements made on, the phone lines connected, what has been paid and what is due to partners. The role holder will confidently interact with partner finance teams, and a range of internal stakeholders and be personally responsible for making payments of up to £1m a month.
You’ll Have The Following Responsibilities
- Managing claims from a portfolio of partners (usually at least three) and typically working through 4000 to 8000 rows of data a month
- Understanding the commercial terms applied to these partners, and establishing any under or over payments – reconciling the partner claim to EE’s commission system, the deal system and our commission reference tables
- Using your commercial acumen to determine payments due
- Managing the relationship with the finance team of the partner
- Influencing internal stakeholders including account managers and commercial team
- Being a subject matter expert on EE’s commission payments to support internal queries
- Looking for ways to improve commission outcomes, which may mean proposing or developing model based solutions
You’ll Have The Following Skills & Experience
- Advanced Excel skills
- Highly accurate, thorough with excellent attention to detail
- Strong communication skills; explaining complex system and commissions solutions to senior stakeholders. Confident at challenging the status quo – if you can see a better way of doing things you are keen to share that insight
- Broad commercial acumen and understanding of Indirect model
- Good planning and organising, with an ability to communicate and adapt priorities to business need; including managing competing demands.
- You’ll be great at problem-solving, with strong attention to detail
- Experienced data analyst or finance professional with reconciliations or finance systems experience
- Experience of senior stakeholder management, demonstrating ability to work closely with and partner with the business within a highly complex challenging environment
- Managing and manipulating large and complex datasets
- Qualified Accountant
- Smart working
- 25 days’ annual leave (not including bank holidays).
- Share option and pension scheme programmes.
- 10% on target annual bonus
- 10% employer pension contribution
- Flexible benefits to fit around you (private health care, dental care, ride to work scheme).
- Flexible, family-friendly working hours (cos 9-5 is just a bit old school, isn’t it?).
- Discounts on BT / EE
About British Telecom
We’re the leading communications provider with customers in 180 countries. Across the world we enable customer’s digital transformations so they can thrive. our focus is simple: be the global provider-of-choice for managed network and IT infrastructure services..