About the job
Job Req ID:
1 Braham Street, London, United Kingdom
Upto £65,000 depending on experience
BT has a key role in British society, fostering change and leading technology innovation. From delivering the Olympics, to supporting the emergency services, to investing more into research than any other UK technology company, we take pride in everything we do – and in the people who work here.
We’re now a global company operating at the forefront of the information age, employing 90,000 people in 180 countries. And we’re on a mission. Guided by our core values of Personal, Simple and Brilliant our goal is to help customers, communities and businesses overcome barriers and release their potential.
So, if you’re interested in the power of potential, why not join us today and release yours? You can read more here about what it’s like to work at BT.
Job Title: Security Finance Manager
About This Role
BT are recruiting for a Finance Specialist Manager to join the organisation on a permanent basis, this role offers hybrid working located from our London office.
BT Security is a global leader in cyber security, offering complex solutions to international governments and large corporate entities as well as a portfolio of innovative, market-leading products and services. Global Security Services is a sub-unit focused on providing a range of services to the Other Government Department (OGD) community.
The role holder will focus on the implementation and maintenance of effective financial planning, reporting and controls for one of BT’s most exciting growth areas. The role consists of two main areas of responsibility. Firstly the role holder will be responsible for the analysis and reporting of monthly results, as well as co-ordinating the outlook and budgeting forecasts. The hold holder will also be responsible for managing the GSS billing and collections team, consisting of 6 FTE. The role will involve working alongside key business decision makers within GSS as well as interfacing with the wider Global finance teams.
The role holder must be a UK National and will be expected to obtain and maintain a DV clearance, so if you don’t currently have one, we will need to undertake pre security checks before starting the role with us.
You’ll Have The Following Responsibilities
- Month end & reporting – Responsible for reporting the financial position and performance of the GSS business, together with variance analysis and commentary where required
- Financial Planning – Management of the GSS budget of £250m+. Covering the planning and co-ordination of cost and revenue forecasting activities across the GSS finance team. This includes objective challenging of spend plans, as well as taking a proactive role in identifying profit improvement opportunities
- Audit & Governance – Ensuring accounting policies and controls are maintained and followed. Leads on engagements with internal and external audit
- Balance Sheet Management – Responsible for the end-to-end GSS balance sheet, including co-ordination of deep dive reviews
- Continuous Improvement – Identifying and leading improvements to financial processes, reports and management information through standardisation, automation, and big data techniques
- Billing & Debt Collections – Leadership of the GSS billing and debt collection team (4 FTE), ensuring robust debt management practises and improving related working capital measures (i.e. Book2Bill and debtor days)
You’ll Have The Following Skills & Experience
- Problem Solving: Ability to interpret and resolve complex problems, often across team or LoB boundaries
- Data Manipulation: Ability to use and convey data into useful management information in a quick but accurate way
- Presentation Skills: Ability to convey the financial story in a simple business manner, tailored to the audience
- Eye for detail: ability to identify key trends and analyse information
- Time Management: Able to manage a demanding workload using strong organisation and time management skills
- Business Acumen: Knowledgeable in business strategy and the drivers of organisational performance
- Stakeholder Management: Ability to manage and influence stakeholders within and across teams, driving accountability and ownership, to complete key objectives
- Professional qualification: CIMA, ACCA or equivalent qualification
- 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays)
- 10% on target bonus
- Pension scheme
- Share save scheme
- 50% off BT and EE mobile pay monthly or SIM only plans
- Exclusive colleague discounts on our latest and greatest BT broadband packages, including BT Sport and the NOW Entertainment membership, NOW Sport, Cinema and Kids.
We value different perspectives, skills and experiences. Diversity makes sense for us, our customers and our ambitions. We’re creating an inclusive working culture where people from all backgrounds can succeed. That’s why we welcome applications from all parts of the community.
About British Telecom
We’re the leading communications provider with customers in 180 countries. Across the world we enable customer’s digital transformations so they can thrive. our focus is simple: be the global provider-of-choice for managed network and IT infrastructure services..