About the job
Job Req ID:
Snowhill, Birmingham, United Kingdom
Competitive with great benefits
About This Role
This is a hybrid role in Birmingham, Manchester, London, Leeds & Bristol.
The successful candidate will provide expert level hands on Flutter design and development across multiple systems in the Digital Engineering area with specific responsibility to ensure that solutions are designed to meet the business and customer needs, matching expectations for quality and reliability.
You will participate in the delivery and implementation of both in-house and external solutions via Agile delivery to ensure solutions are compliant with the design and development standards and are fit-for-purpose.
Your responsibility will be to support the achievement of team service level targets by owning the completion of all assigned work requests, including testing, quality checking and delivering all assigned tasks within the agreed time-scales.
You will maximise the business’ potential of BT/EE apps and sites as the most efficient sales and service channel. This will be demonstrated through efficiency and quality of coding and in harnessing new internet and app technologies.
You’ll Have The Following Responsibilities
- Write code using Flutter framework from an approved requirement and design in accordance with the expected delivery timeframe and associated quality standards
- Write unit tests and other automated tests
- Peer review software written by team members
- Contribute to tribe improvement initiatives
- Contribute to tribe ceremonies (stand-up, sprint planning, demo, retrospective)
- Drive forward items from the tribe improvement initiatives
- Lead the technical direction and strategy of the tribe
- Line management, coaching and mentoring of junior members of the team
- Contribute to technical responses of impact assessments for business propositions
- Investigation and resolution of production incidents
- Deliver tooling improvements for the delivery pipeline
- Technical design of solutions to business requirements
- Engage/influence the roadmap of our vendors’ products
- Contribute to internal and external conferences/meetups
You’ll Have The Following Skills & Experience
Must Have Skills/Experience:
- 3+ years commercial knowledge/experience of building Flutter apps and a number of years prior experience of iOS or Android development
- 3 years experience in leading technical development teams and driving software delivery improvements
- Software design and development experience of integration with web services. Experience with RESTful services advantageous
- Experience of working within a true ‘DevOps’ environment, involving automated testing and CI/CD practices using tools such as Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket/Gitlab
- Have a good knowledge of unit testing frameworks and supporting technologies
- Analytical and problem-solving skills to engineer efficient and maintainable solutions to business requirements
- Good communication skills – written and verbal, especially the ability to communicate complicated technical requirements to the business stakeholders and project teams in non-technical language
Nice To Have Skills/Experience:
- Good level of knowledge/experience of Agile software development and supporting best practices: TDD, Pair Programming etc
- Excellent interpersonal and teamworking skills
- Ability to contribute to ongoing process improvement activities in the team and look for ways to make a difference
- Capacity to manage their own time and assist others to meet sprint commitments in terms of functionality delivered
- Competitive salary
- 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays)
- 10% on target bonus
- Life Assurance
- Pension scheme
- Option to join the Healthcare Cash Plan or other benefits such as dental insurance, gym memberships etc.
- 50% off BT and EE mobile pay monthly or SIM only plans
- Exclusive colleague discounts on our latest and greatest BT broadband packages
- BT TV, including BT Sport and the NOW Entertainment membership, and 25% off NOW Sport, Cinema and Kids
- 30% discount for friends and family on EE mobile pay monthly and SIM only plans