About the job
Job Req ID:
Whitehall, London, United Kingdom
Senior Software Engineering Professional
London or Bury Manchester
Youll be joining our multi-disciplined Engineering practice provides a role where you can truly make a difference. You will make a significant contribution in one of our highly skilled multi-disciplined teams that focus on some world-class customer focussed capabilities. Every project we deliver on and every new opportunity we seek to win and grow makes a significant difference to protecting the society in which we live. You will immediately feel part of a highly motived and innovative team that will offer unrivalled personal development and a wealth of opportunities to learn and experience new things.
What you’ll do as a Senior Software Engineer:
- Responsible for software development and software testing.
- Be a problem solver, enabling data insight to solve our real-world technical problems in an agile environment
- Plan your own work to meet given objectives and processes.
- Communicate with the customers, gather their requirements and obtain feedback.
- You’ll be accountable for defining authority and responsibility for a significant area of work covering technical responsibilities and establishes technical objectives and delegates responsibilities.
- Your Leadership skills will Influence a significant part of own organisation and influences customers/suppliers and industry at a senior management level (e.g. around resourcing of delivery teams and technical direction of work) and Conducts technical interviews and also perform technical coaching and mentoring junior staff.
- Ansible, Docker, Jenkins, git
You might even:
- CI / CD pipelines experience
- Automated testing experience e.g. Cypress
- Have Security Clearance
What’s in it for you?
- Career progression in BT Security and across BT with our internal development programme
- Competitive salary
- Location: London or Bury Manchester
- Working requirements: On Site full time
- Weekly Hours: 5
- Position Type: Full Time
- Contract: Permanent
- Discounted BT Broadband, TV & mobile packages and BT products
- On target Bonus
- Share options and 10% pension contribution
- Professional development and paid for industry certifications/qualifications
- Flexible benefits/rewards including dental insurance, healthcare, gym memberships etc.
- Well-being support for you and your family
- 3 days paid volunteering a year
- Flexible and smart working (subject to business needs)
- Due to the sensitive nature of this role you may be required to undergo DV (Developed Vetting) level Security Clearance (https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/united-kingdom-security-vetting-clearance-levels/national-security-vetting-clearance-levels). An allowance of £5k per annum may be payable monthly while you hold this DV and continue to work in a role that requires that level of security clearance. The terms of this allowance will be made available if you are successful in being recruited into this role.
Empowered, challenged, supported and rewarded, our people are the key to our success. Our people keep customers happy with great service. We’ve focused on creating an energising culture that makes BT an even better place to build a career. We’re at the top of our game, and this is your chance to join us.
We’ve always been an organisation with purpose; to use the power of communications to make a better world. From supporting emergency services, hospitals, banks and keeping economies around the world online, safe and secure, to delivering large scale technology infrastructure like the creation of BT Sport. You can trace this back to our beginning as pioneers of the world’s first telecommunications company. At our heart we’re a technology company with research and innovation in our bones and a desire to be personal, simple, and brilliant for our customers – those are the values we live by whilst also creating an inclusive working environment where people from all backgrounds can succeed. Diversity makes sense for us, for our customers and for our future. We value different perspectives, skills and experiences, and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
So if you have the drive, optimism and resilience to help propel us forward we’ll offer unrivalled personal development, a wealth of opportunities to learn, experience new things and pursue new careers. If that’s you and what you’re looking for, we’d love you to be part of our future!